For all those upset about our picks! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For all those upset about our picks!

whatsburning said:
What's hockey?

You must be an American lol!

People are asking what about our needs? Why draft 7 running backs as the BPA, well we didnt!

Ronnie Brown was a need at RB and arguably the BPA, Roth was a need for young Dlineman, Crowder was a need for a young LB, Corner was a need after Surtain left, Oline was a need for the fact we need depth and competition, DT was a need for we lack DT.

We did not take a QB or a WR which has upset many fans. We only had so many picks though so what do you do. Add to that our WR's are pretty decent if not pretty good and our QB situation is yet a mystery.

This team is in CRYING need of QB and WR also. Do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get a franchise QB, and while we are at it get one more speed guy at WR. Let's play this game all over the field instead of just down in the trenches.

Trade For Rivers... or Leinart or Smith or Ramsey or whoever has starting QB talent. No one protected. Let 'em name their price. Give 'em what they want and have a Super Bowl team with a REAL QB, or go cheap at that position and stay on the south side of .500 .

dolphingator said:
This team is in CRYING need of QB and WR also. Do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get a franchise QB, and while we are at it get one more speed guy at WR. Let's play this game all over the field instead of just down in the trenches.

Trade For Rivers... or Leinart or Smith or Ramsey or whoever has starting QB talent. No one protected. Let 'em name their price. Give 'em what they want and have a Super Bowl team with a REAL QB, or go cheap at that position and stay on the south side of .500 .

I agree with the QB position but not the WR position. I would love a speed guy to stretch the field but our WR arent too bad. The question though is QB. I have doubts about Feeley but still want to give him a shot. I seriously doubt he will ever be a probowler, we dont need a probowler but one would be nice.

If Feeley does what he did last year I am in full agreement with you except on grabbing Ramsey.

chub said:
First off I would like to say I do not think Saban is a god. I must also add though so far he is alot better than Wanny.

Saban has come into a situation where he has inherited problems. For starters the salary cap and secondly lack of draft picks.

Miami finished second last this past year and that should mean we pick high in every round yet we only picked high in the 1st 4th and 7th rounds. Want to blame someone blame Wanny and Spielman. Saban has played the hand he was dealt.

In the first three rounds Saban has chosen guys all slated as first rounders or atleast potential first rounders. They may not of necessarily filled need but I must agree they were the BPA. As for the later rounds so far they have picked guys they have scouted themselves, I know that is annoying lots of people hehehe. Saban took a corner he knows and Houck got a Olineman he knew. If you think those are bad picks you must not have faith in the coaches.

I am a huge Hockey fan and live in Calgary Alberta Canada. Last year a new coach was hired for our team, instantly he made trades and went through a draft. Most people in my hometown thought he was nuts, myself included! The Calgary Flames missed the playoffs for 7 years straight prior, this year we made it to the Stanley cup final. A non playoff team to a Championship team in one year. I dont expect Saban to do the same in a year but I have learned to cut a coach some slack.

Let Saban have a chance to prove his worth. I know people are questioning his picks as I do but he knows alot more than I do!

Has Saban made a bad pick? Today I would say yes but I hope I am just as wrong as I was last year with my hockey team..

Go Fins!

I know you never compared Suter with Saban. Flames Suck

JAREDMANN said:
I know you never compared Suter with Saban. Flames Suck

Its Sutter, you must be another American!

As for the Flames suck lol! Too funny!

As for Saban, lets see him coach for a year and then we will know. Right now Sutter is better than Saban. Dont argue with a Canadian about hockey for you will lose hehehehehe!

dolphingator said:

So was Trent Dilfer a franchise QB? Brad Johnson a franchise QB? Kerry Collins a franchise QB? Hell Peyton Manning is a franchise QB and how many superbowls has he been to. The system will dictate the success of both the QB and the team. And oh yeah Ramsey, hell Wash. drafted Campbell..........You need to give Feeley at least a legitimate chance with a legitimate Offensive Cord and Oline Coach!!

On the risk of being flamed, How many rings does Marino have?

There are guys out there that are not even close to Dan that have their rings. Proof enough you dont need a QB to take you to the promised land!

Still though would be cool to have another Dan! Is Peyton the next Marino? Will he retire without a ring, I think so!

He did a great job with the hand he was dealt. Makes you think what could have been had he had ALL their draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom