For Brandon Marshall Fans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Brandon Marshall Fans

Well, speed or no speed the kid can make plays and that's what really matters to me.....Steve Largent didn't have the speed but I wish he had played for us.Gasden didn't have much speed but he did pretty good for us too.....I agree that he'll probably go around the 3rd round area tho....is up to Nick to decide if he wants him there or not.....if we don't get a WR in free agency then he's s posible pick for us.

Ozzy rules!!

I'd try and get away with picking him the 4th. I would have other plans for our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. Namely, using them to come away with one quarterback, some defensive help (either one or two defensive players) and MAYBE an offensive lineman if the right one fell to us.

Thanks FN for the info.

ckparrothead said:
He could be a safety but why move him back to D when he could be a good wide receiver? We know he was the leading tackler on UCF but that doesnt mean he was really good at playing safety...just that UCF's defense was bad in 2004.

He could be a weapon on both sides of the ball. I was just wondering if he had a good enough back pedal for the pros and whether or not he had good change of direction. Even if he's decent in those areas it would be better than anything howard showed.

ckparrothead said:
I shy away from using terms like "football speed" and "making up for his 40" because those are faux terms to me. There's no real difference between football speed and speed, IMO.

idk ck, all we hear about is "game speed" when discussing the maturation of young qbs. A rookie/inexperienced can practice till his heart desires, but

everyone else especially the DBs & WRs will play at a much faster pace come game time. A wr can run his 40 at the combine but only when he knows

someone is chasing him I think his real speed comes into play. Maybe it's part mental as far as "want to."

This can work in reverse as well. Take James McKnight as an example. He was one of the fastest players when he was with us in terms of training

camp/practice, but every time I watched him run routes during games he played a lot slower - remember his reverse play against NYG @ Giants

Stadium a few years back? I know he had to wait for his blockers but he took 3 hours to score (holding the ball like a loaf of bread :fire: ).

ckparrothead said:
You can't make up for having a slow 40 time. You just do what you're good at doing. Anquan Boldin, well first off when he's healthy he doesn't run the same 40 as he did before the draft, and second off he does what he does best, break tackles and play with a great 2nd gear. He doesn't make up for his slow 40 time, he still can't consistently separate deep or anything, he just works around it.
So the question is, Do you think Marshall will be able to make up for it in the same manner?

ckparrothead said:
I shy away from using terms like "football speed" and "making up for his 40" because those are faux terms to me. There's no real difference between football speed and speed, IMO. Using the term "football speed" is like tossing your hands in the air in frustration and saying you can't explain why the guy does what he does.

The reality is that his short stride and hips make him good with fakes and probably about as fast as most WRs in the 10 yard area...but then where the other guys toss on the afterburners he doesn't have any to toss on.

You can't make up for having a slow 40 time. You just do what you're good at doing. Anquan Boldin, well first off when he's healthy he doesn't run the same 40 as he did before the draft, and second off he does what he does best, break tackles and play with a great 2nd gear. He doesn't make up for his slow 40 time, he still can't consistently separate deep or anything, he just works around it.

What I meant, is that he is "quicker" than his 40 time suggests... because of his speed in and out of his cuts...

I wasnt suggesting that he has a fast second gear...

Back
Top Bottom