For some Dolphins hopefuls, this game means everything | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For some Dolphins hopefuls, this game means everything

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
DAVIE

They spent many days casting their lines, father and son.

"Every break we got," Marlon Moore says.

Every time they did, the topic would turn to the really big fish, the one that Ernie Moore told his son never to let get away:

The NFL.

Now, as he prepares for the Dolphins' fourth exhibition game, Marlon Moore has that fish firmly on his hook. All the receiver needs to do is reel it in, like he's reeled in so many passes since signing as a long-shot rookie free agent in late April.

Sun Sentinel's 2010 Football Preview hits newstands Thursday. Don't miss any of the action.

For all the friends and coaches cheering him back in Fresno and northern Sacramento.

"And for my Pops," Moore says.

Ernie was diagnosed with cancer in 2008. He was gone three months later.

"It messed me up really bad," Moore says.

Thursday night, he has a shot to make good on their shared dream.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...miami-dolphins-0902-20100901,0,5323127.column

Now I really want Moore to make the Dolphins.

I've liked what I've seen out of Moore. He has good hands and has good route running abilities. His quickness and speed are very good. He is a very promising prospect and I do believe he will end up on the 53 man roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Each year 864 guys in the NFL get their waling papers the first week of Sept. For some, its the end of a journey that started back in April. Some will be recalled for PS, some will make a roster, someplace other then the team that cut them but for the vast majority of them, its over. Maybe because I am a little old enough to be their Dad, I feel sorry for them. Many of them believed they had some sort of legit shot of making the team. They have to come up with something better then this new football league they have, USA Football ? I loved NFL Europe, loved it. Still pissed they blew that up. What is strange, they said fans were not interested but we still play games in London to draw interest ? Crap, problem I saw was most of those soccer stadiums hold in excess of a 100 thousand people,did the owners really expect to fill all the seats.

Sorry to ramble, all I am saying is a lot of really decent football players will be out of work, the billionaires club known as NFL owners needs to build another league.

Marlon Moore acts like a very well adjusted young man with dignity and class when they interview him. He's exactly the type of guy we need on the team and after reading the part about his father I am rooting for him to make it. I hope to heck all of them make it. They're all good kids

I've liked what I've seen out of Moore. He has good hands and has good route running abilities. His quickness and speed are very good. He is a very promising prospect and I do believe he will end up on the 53 man roster.
Moore looks like he can be a solid receiver for this team. I am very confident he ends up making the final roster.

Back
Top Bottom