For the Ireland Supporters | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Ireland Supporters

I have been a fan of his for one reason - I am a Dolphin fan, and I think he is still a member of the Miami Dolphins front office. I come to this site to get new information, not to proselytize. If I knew more than Mr. Ireland I would be in the business of football. Again, since some of the low information users here refuse to understand about control and decision making, they lay all of the blame for the Dolphins troubles at Irelands door. Parcells and Sporano drafted poorly during their time here - was Ireland GM, yes but Parcells was the FINAL decision maker then - put down the game controller and read something about Parcells and his well known decision making control - Were you in the room when Tuna and Tony said Pat White is next - Do you know for fact that Ireland agreed or maybe declined? Something we will never know - but the blame goes to Ireland because he was the GM...I think Mr. Ireland gets this year to prove his value. If he drafts as successfully this year as he has the last two there will be many disappointed users here at Finheaven.

Yes, we all know that this as Ireland has indirectly already layed blame on Parcells for some past draft decisions. So we have an innept GM that had no true GM authority during most of Parcells tenure and now the last couple years he has??? Is that a better excuse for him or worse for defending his job ???? Sorry, but look at the history of deals he has and repeatedly has not made. Comments to prospective draft picks (your momma a prostitute?). Repeated comments from coaches who turned us down over the two years we were looking. Etc Etc.
I wish people would stop defending this behavior!

The answer, 9 or 10 wins and playoff contention, period. This BS about the previous regimes is just that, BS. Ireland has set himself up to succeed with this draft... or not. I have been softly on the Ireland side of the fence for the past 2 years and see progress, but that's no longer enough. Many pieces are in place, some glaring holes exist so now it's time for him to earn his title.

At this point it doesn't matter whether you like Ireland or don't like Ireland, he's our GM and we're stuck with him for better or worse. Best thing we can all do is hope for the best and give the new players our support.

I don't find this issue that complicated. They chose a qb - and yes u could argue we should've drafted Matt Ryan - in Henne, he showed promise, so Ireland gave him time. It was the correct approach, just the wrong QB. He was given a do over, and so now, with the promise shown last season by Tannehill, the pressure is on to win and compete IN THE PLAYOFFS. And with the right offseason moves I feel that it's perfectly achievable

I've seen enough, turn the corner of get the **** out. 8-8 or worse and he is gone, 9-7 depends on the how the 9-7 unfolds, 10-6 or better is what I want out of this team this year.

I think Ireland has to see the team fight for a playoff spot, if not get it. Obviously something is different as Ireland has taken more scouts this year to the combine than he has in past years.

I am guessing the people that answered by questioning fan status or by saying that they will root for the team through thick and thin have no criteria for the front office to meet. Also I realize that we as fans have no power to cause any change to the front office situation but we also have no power to enact imaginary trades and free agent pickups but we have fun doing that on this board as well. Thank you to all the people who actually gave an answer to the question posed, it helps me understand your point of view a little better.

I too am an old timer who doesn't believe in the knee jerk reaction. What will show up more is because this year he has cap and draft picks and no one looking over his shoulder like Parcells. If he falters then Ross should look to a replacement. He will still need help from coaches and scheduling. I do believe we go playoff this point forward.

I won't put words in their mouth, but my opinion is you will get few Ireland supporters who will state right now that they will withdraw their support after another sub-500 season. They will make sure they have wiggle room if he is retained.
Bull****. sub-500 and he won't have any supporters. this is it. winning season and playoffs or he's gone.

I have made it known that I really would like a new GM and front office here but if Ireland can prove me wrong and get us into the playoffs next season I would change my opinion of him.

I have been opposed to Ireland in all the posts I have made on the forum and to be frank I need to chill out. Negative thinking is never the right way to go. I will thus think positively with the hopes that our GM will indeed make the right moves. We are all together on this - to make our Miami Dolphins a contender. So I am from this point looking at Ireland in a new way. He will get it done. We must believe he will...get it done.

I am guessing the people that answered by questioning fan status or by saying that they will root for the team through thick and thin have no criteria for the front office to meet. Also I realize that we as fans have no power to cause any change to the front office situation but we also have no power to enact imaginary trades and free agent pickups but we have fun doing that on this board as well. Thank you to all the people who actually gave an answer to the question posed, it helps me understand your point of view a little better.

I suppose i didnt answer your original question, my apologies. Im not a Ireland supporter, but because of the history of this forum i feel erralyn hit the nail on the head. People might be filled with conviction now, but give themselves wiggle room to change their "vote" after next season.

When we have a losing season next year i feel fans will suggest our draft class showed potential and give the team a mulligan because of how hard our schedule is. They will advocate keeping him because of the "quality" of the rookies he brought in. If he is actually fired, i believe those same fans will slam him relentlessly. I base this prediction on the behavior i witnessed after Sparano was fired.

IMO, we need to make the playoffs. I want ireland to succeed and I don't like to sit around criticize him for his mistakes in the past. I just want everything to work out for the better of our team and I hope ireland is our successful gm for the next 5-10 years. However if we don't land a spot in the playoffs this year , I believe it is time to make a change at our gm position in 2014.

In truth, is it Ireland's fault that we did not make the playoffs last season or is Carpenter's fault? Those field goals would of given us a winning season last year. And yes I understand that Ireland did select Carpenter in his first year as a Dolphin GM. Still...

Back
Top Bottom