For the record, Fiedler is going to have a solid season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the record, Fiedler is going to have a solid season

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
from http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-afcnotesfleetingfait&prov=fanball&type=fantasy

Everyone from Randy Cross to Irv Cross is chiming in with their opinion about the potential quarterback controversy in Miami. And since there’s nothing else to talk about in the AFC, I thought I’d go on the record before the circus commences later this month. I completely agree with Dave Wannstedt that a Super Bowl contender needs two quarterbacks, even if you run the risk of dividing a locker room. Fiedler has averaged two DNPs per season since becoming Miami’s starter three years ago, so Wannstedt knows he’s going to need a reliable stopgap. That’s exactly what Griese is at this point. I love that Wannstedt isn’t worried about backstabbing and whining and bruised egos. The rest of the world is obsessed with PC, but the NFL doesn’t have to be. By signing Griese, Wannstedt told both quarterbacks: May the best man win. Isn’t that the way it should be? I know, I know, we’re all winners in the PC world, but this isn’t the PC wor! ld. This is the NFL. I say stockpile as much talent as you can and let the chips fall where they may. If someone can’t handle it, then find someone else who can. For the record, Fiedler is going to have a solid season, making the whole topic moot in retrospect.

Rick Kamla can be reached at rkamla@fanball.com

By signing Griese, Wannstedt told both quarterbacks: May the best man win. Isn’t that the way it should be?

I believe Wannstedt said Jay is our starter.

He is, he knows the offence well and has some weopans, Griese wont start unless fiedler gets injured

By signing Griese, Wannstedt told both quarterbacks: May the best man win. Isn’t that the way it should be?

If he indeed did say this, then what was he saying about Rosenhaus' opinion about Griese starting? Wade Philips used to send mixed messages which ended up into a qb controversy.

Originally posted by justafan

If he indeed did say this, then what was he saying about Rosenhaus' opinion about Griese starting? Wade Philips used to send mixed messages which ended up into a qb controversy.

its not a mixed message to tell both that you have the ability to start. may the best man win means griese has alot of work to do. not just to learn everything, which im sure he is on his way to doing, but to make it happen with recievers he is not used to. there is no doubt that jay will be the starter. you would have to be a numbnuts not to start jay. jay wins ballgames and griese has not proven much these past few years. griese is in the exact postion he needs to be in cus he is a follower, not a leader. he does his job and expects everyone to do theres. jay however has won ballgames for us. hes lost them too but won more as we all know.

Originally posted by finfan54

its not a mixed message to tell both that you have the ability to start. may the best man win means griese has alot of work to do. not just to learn everything, which im sure he is on his way to doing, but to make it happen with recievers he is not used to. there is no doubt that jay will be the starter. you would have to be a numbnuts not to start jay. jay wins ballgames and griese has not proven much these past few years. griese is in the exact postion he needs to be in cus he is a follower, not a leader. he does his job and expects everyone to do theres. jay however has won ballgames for us. hes lost them too but won more as we all know.

I am not arguing about Fidler . I'm just stating what Wanny 'supposedly" said. Like I said if he did say it, it is a mix message.

Jay is our starter (finality)! May the best man win (up for grabs) .

If it was said like Jay is our starter for now but the job will be up for grab at camp , then that I can understand.

I am not arguing about Fidler . I'm just stating what Wanny 'supposedly" said. Like I said if he did say it, it is a mix message.

Jay is our starter (finality)! May the best man win (up for grabs) .

If it was said like Jay is our starter for now but the job will be up for grab at camp , then that I can understand.

There's no inconsistancy. What this author has done is INTERPRET the signing of Griese to be a message by Wanny. Wanny has been 100% behind Jay from day 1.

He didn't, he's always said that Jay was the starter..Period.

For the record ............

Read My signature.............

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

He didn't, he's always said that Jay was the starter..Period.
that - :friends: - is beyond debate.

justafan,

Buffalo fans are boring me with this comparison to their Flutie/Johnson debacle...

There is a CLEAR difference in the "who should start?" question with all teams that have been involved in one except the Bills debacle....

Go down the list....

Fiedler/Griese
Bulgar/Warner
Holcomb/Couch
Dilfer/Hasselbeck
Testaverde/Pennington
and on, and on.....

The difference between all of these guys and the Bills Flutie/Johnson debacle is this.....

The first list are all capable QB's...

Flutie was clearly capable...
Johnson was clearly not.....

As much as you guys do not want to admit this-It is the FACT....

Last edited by a moderator:
i dunno - Rob Johnson was/is almost as maligned by Bills fan as Fiedler is by dolphans

DON'T DO THAT !!!!

I've watched Jay Fiedler play football...He can play football...

Rob Johnson is not a football player...

What was so painful to Bills' fans was that they never saw any (and I mean any) improvement in his performance...

The ENTIRE NFL (every fan) could not figure out why Doug Flutie was not starting...

Every Bill fan can agree on one thing, Johnson SUCKS !!

Try getting Dolphin fans to agree on that about Fiedler....Won't happen....

Originally posted by 1972dolphins
justafan,

Buffalo fans are boring me with this comparison to their Flutie/Johnson debacle...

There is a CLEAR difference in the "who should start?" question with all teams that have been involved in one except the Bills debacle....

Go down the list....

Fiedler/Griese
Bulgar/Warner
Holcomb/Couch
Dilfer/Hasselbeck
Testaverde/Pennington
and on, and on.....

This difference between all of these guys and the Bills Flutie/Johnson debacle is this.....

The first list are all capable QB's...

Flutie was clearly capable...
Johnson was clearly not.....

As much as you guys do not want to admit this-It is the FACT....

Funny, you're the only one who brought up Flutie/Johnson.

Just so you know, I hated the fact that they let Flutie go instead of Robosack.

Back
Top Bottom