For those complaing about Welbourn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those complaing about Welbourn

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
John Welbourn is a good guard that wants Woody money.

WE DONT NEED GUARD!

Rick was well aware of what was going on with Welbourn, if he wanted him, we would have got him.

THe fact we then went and got Pape compounds the fact the we were able to keep our fifth this year, and our fourth next.

Our Oline is really taking shape. There is a small question mark at RG, but we've got Jerman, Yates, Whitley, Hadnot, Pape, St Clair and McIntosh all fighting for it.

finsnchips said:
Our Oline is really taking shape. There is a small question mark at RG, but we've got Jerman, Yates, Whitley, Hadnot, Pape, St Clair and McIntosh all fighting for it.

Yeah, with all those guys going at it for 1 positition we're going to end up with, AT LEAST, a SOLID RG.

McIntosh will not be healthy until mid season and then will be fighting Cary for the RT position. Not that it really matters b/c everyone else on the above list should be enough to find one starter at RG, but I thought I would point it out before someone else did.
I for one would not be opposed to bringing back Nails to also compete, I think he would be the best option. He used to play RG, before being switched to LG. If not I hope Whitley beats the rest of them out. He is a big dude that could be a real force in the run game and wear guys down in the 4th after pounding RW at them for 4 quarters

I don't think that the "we don't need a G" argument is the one I like best. I prefer the argument that we don't want anybody who would balk at signing with a team like the Eagles and behave in the way he did. I also prefer the argument that we can't afford a veteran at G if we want to do what we can to sign our three young and promising players who should be locked up if possible in the next season or two (Chambers, McMichael, and Wale if possible).

Bottle Nose said:
The biggest negative on Welbourn is he probably cost us a shot at Andrews.
GOOD POINT! Sadly, that is kind of funny too.

The bigges problem I would have is the $. We do not have that much $ to throw around. As of now we still need the money to lock up Chambers and Ogun. Plus, we have adequate players competing for the RG spot right now.

I was upset at first, but the more I think about it... I am glad we passed.

Welbourn didn't cost us that shot if RS did indeed have VC ahead of him on his draft board. Handle Rick's sacred draft board with kid gloves, or you may too be called arrogant... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom