For those if us wanting to go OT... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those if us wanting to go OT...

Ferretsquig said:
St. Clair is only there as a stopgap and I doubt any1 has confidence he can be a good RT in this league.

You say that with such certainty...

Rick Spielman just put up 900,000 dollars betting against you. That's the same Rick Spielman that took a pass on about 10 other linemen this offseason.

Mckinney is the guy they have to start right now.if he was so impressive last year why did he not take Ruddys job? I still say we are slim on depth at center and Grove just might be the starter from day one just like Faine for the browns,. Plus you have to look at the fact the kid can play guard too, lots of people forget that. All iam saying is if Andrews and Carey are gone. I would trade back and get a later 1st rd pick with a second and get the guy.Dolfanreal69

The only reason McKinney didn't start was Dave's reluctance to bench the veterans on his offensive line. Dave has publicly stated that he made a mistake by not starting McKinney, and I've been told that Rick Spielman felt the starting interior line all year long should have been Billy Yates, Seth McKinney, and Greg Jerman.

Grove would not start over McKinney. Grove is stiffer and less athletic than McKinney. He isn't going to be able to get to the second level and block very well in the pros. He's got short arms, poor footwork, and a bad back.

SWS84 said:
with our 1st pick, what do we do if both Andrews and Carey are off the board at #20? We could reach for Rogers or take a chance and trade down and maybe grab him, but I'm not really sold on him. Of course we can go OG, but wouldn't we be a little heavy there and thin at OT? If we don't get an OT, we could be in a real pickle because we still have lots of work to do with our OT positions. Thoughts?

Steve

I sit tight at 20. If this comes to pass, then I look to trade down to get a 2nd rnd pick, hopefully early, along with another one. Hopefully, guys like Smiley/Rogers could be taken there.

Would you be happy with Rogers?

DeDolfan said:
I sit tight at 20. If this comes to pass, then I look to trade down to get a 2nd rnd pick, hopefully early, along with another one. Hopefully, guys like Smiley/Rogers could be taken there.

Of course, I can only go with what I have read, but he seems like a weak run blocker to me. They say he's a leaner as opposed to a mualer. I definately want a guy that dominates instead of someone who just tries to steer a DE away. I could be wrong, but I feel we would be wasting a pick if we took Rogers.

steve

It is cool everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. I still think Grove will be around the leauge as a starter for years. Time will tell. dolfanreal69

SWS84 said:
You guys are touching on the problem Rick may be having with our OL. Finding guys who can step in and play this year. It is a tough call. I guess I better get used to the fact that St. Clair will be our starting RT. Right now, that's just a hard pill for me to swallow.

Steve

VF-84, eh? I was in 33 but it was decommed after the Gulf War after the F18 came out and the Navy scaled back to only one tomcat squadron per carrier.

SWS84 said:
Rick has said that he thinks St. Clair can be a serviceable RT. I don't know why, but I haven't heard any of our coaches associate any other line position with St. Clair other than RT. That sure is puzzling since St. Clair was a OC when he was drafted. I hope our coaches know what they are doing.

Steve

I forgot the exact dtails on him, [St Clair] but he's a natural center, I guess thru his college days anyway. then he's slid over to rG a bit and played mostly RT for the rams. Goes som'n like that anywya. ;)

dolfanreal69 said:
It is cool everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. I still think Grove will be around the leauge as a starter for years. Time will tell. dolfanreal69

The advantage to grove would be it would also fill the RG need as Seth could play there. I wouldn't have a problem with Grove, but just not with the 20th pick tho.

Hey bro! Yea I was in 84 in the late 80's!

DeDolfan said:
VF-84, eh? I was in 33 but it was decommed after the Gulf War after the F18 came out and the Navy scaled back to only one tomcat squadron per carrier.

It has since been decommisioned and the ole "skull and cross bones" picked up by VF-103. It's sad, but happens sometimes in the Navy. What did you do? I was a engine mechanic.

Steve

SWS84 said:
It has since been decommisioned and the ole "skull and cross bones" picked up by VF-103. It's sad, but happens sometimes in the Navy. What did you do? I was a engine mechanic.

Steve

Fire control, missle control system on the old J-birds!

SWS84 said:
with our 1st pick, what do we do if both Andrews and Carey are off the board at #20? We could reach for Rogers or take a chance and trade down and maybe grab him, but I'm not really sold on him.

Steve

I hope they don't even think about taking rogers with our 20th or first if we trade down. I would pick dorsey or butler before I pick rogers. However, I would pick neither with whatever first pick we get.

I would take smiley with either pick because he is a great pulling guard that can get ahead of ricky.

Back
Top Bottom