For those of you that like Smiley and Evans.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those of you that like Smiley and Evans..

well after going to several draft sites and reading about smiley's strength i've got conflicting reports. bench at combine 19 times, pro day 24. neither are impressive for an oline, but i also saw a 490lb bench best, which is pretty good. also saw reports where he was said to need leg strength increased, but others said he get tremendous movement inline from his power. so who knows? he probably needs 10 to 20lbs of muscle total added either to upper and or lower body. either way i hope he is wearing dolphin colors for many years.

He's at aroung 310 and I think he's strong enough. I like Snee too but Smiley seems to be faster. I think he could be our best guard since Kieth Simms.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Noodle Arm
Hey RUDE, what do they say about Snee? Just curious and would like to compare the two.

Here's Chris Snee...

OG | (6'2", 314, 5.07) | BOSTON COLLEGE | COLLEGE STATS
Data from Scouts, Inc.

Grade: 77
Comments: Snee has good size, physical at point of attack, maintains wide base after initial contact. Has upper-body strength to deliver a violent punch, is capable of knocking back undersized defenders and can dominate point of attack. Has leg drive to push the pile in short-yardage situations and gets great movement when in position. Gets adequate hand placement and rarely loses a battle once locked on. Gives great effort on every snap, works hard to sustain blocks on the backside and creates cutback lanes for the ball carrier. Wastes little motion and can get around the corner on pulls. Keeps head up and can slide off double teams to pick up linebackers. Gets into pass set quickly, keeps shoulders square to defenders, is fundamentally sound. Uses hands well, maintains separation and forces the defender to take wide angles to the quarterback. Doesn't get great knee bend but has good bulk and rarely gives up ground to bull rushers. Shows good footwork, stays active and works to keep the defender in front but lacks agility and struggles to redirect. Lacks an explosive first step and has problems working against elite one-gap defenders. Comes off the ball low but doesn't always maintain leverage. Is vulnerable to double moves in pass pro, has problems adjusting to line stunts and must play with sound technique to be effective vs. athletic pass rushers. Works to get in position and understands blocking angles but occasionally lunges at the second level and spends some time on the ground. Can get in front of the running back on screens and can throw cut blocks in the open field but doesn't have great range or speed. Lacks lateral mobility to adjust to moving targets and doesn't always play under control in space. He played guard and right tackle in 2001 but has since become a full-time guard. He started 14 games in 2002 and 13 games in 2003. This past season, he hurt his knee on his first play against Rutgers and did not play in the regular-season finale against Virginia Tech. He was healthy for the Eagles' bowl game and proved the injury was not a long-term concern. Snee's decision to enter the draft was surprising, but he is an underrated prospect. Snee developed into a dominant run-blocking interior lineman by his junior season and has become efficient in pass protection. Snee is a durable, high-character player who plays with a mean streak. As one of the top six interior line prospects, he should be taken late in the second round or early in the third round.

Smiley's is more impressive in the area of getting to LB's in space and being able to block elite one gap penetrators... Snee struggles in those two departments but has a much better push with initial contact for between the tackle runs.

Plus, I read somewhere that the Patriots love Chris Snee and are looking to draft him with their second first rounder.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Justin Smiley
OG | (6'3", 298, 4.93) | ALABAMA | COLLEGE STATS
Data from Scouts, Inc.

he is really not that big, we need more beef in our interior , get andrews...:D

Back
Top Bottom