For those pissed we didnt get Woody... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those pissed we didnt get Woody...

JJ777

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Damien Woody
If you were a Lions fan, and there must be one or two of you left, would you really be excited about acquiring a guy that the NFL's reigning genius let walk away? I mean, if you were Jack Nicholson at a Hollywood party in 1970 and Warren Beatty happily deferred on the leggy stewardess, wouldn't you be a little suspicious? What does The Pro know that I don't?

Well, Belichick knew this (and doubtless more):

An All-Pro on a championship team is at his maximum market value and Belichick is much more comfortable shopping at the Mike Vrabel/Roman Phifer discount emporium.

Woody was coming off an injury and big bucks have been known to lead to a down-tick in desire to work out and an up-tick in desire for cheeseburgers. Woody is reportedly came to camp 20 pounds overweight.

His absence was hardly noticed in the Super Bowl as his replacement Russ Hochstein made Kris Jenkins invisible and the Patriots ran up 32 points.

Well maybe its good Spielman wouldnt pay the money he wanted.

If Bellichick didn't have the knack of turning mediocre players into great role players, he would've kept Woody. Things is, his replacement stepped up and made Woody and his price expendable.

Spin it all you want, although the Pats didn't need him, the Fins could've used his talent but not his price.

Justasportsfan said:
Spin it all you want, although the Pats didn't need him, the Fins could've used his talent but not his price.
I thought Jeno James would be just as serviable as Woody would have been. I know the Fins targeted only 1 guard, so James was a good consilation prize.

Back
Top Bottom