For those who didn't believe me.......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who didn't believe me..........

I think they have equal value to the team, however Madison is the better of the two talent-wise. I say they have equal value to the team because Surtain can do what Madison cannot...move to the slot and still play extremely well. That means he can follow the best WRs to any portion of the field, and thats extremely valuable because Madison can't do that. Madison shuts down one half of the field while Surtain follows up and shuts down the most valuable other WR wherever he is on the field and that means he's going to get thrown at more than Madison.

It is however possible that Surtain steps things up a bit this year and becomes truly better than Madison, making throwing at Madison a much more attractive option than throwing to Madison. Don't think too much about Madison getting thrown at less than Surtain however, because a lot of times our scheme involves for the most part having Madison shut down one side of the field while Surtain follows over to the best WR and takes him on. Its kind of a funnell technique you're funnelling the ball to the best WR and attempting to make plays that way and contain his effectiveness through scheme while Madison takes on whatever 2nd scrub they put on the field.

they are both all-pro corners...the only thing that pissed me off about surtain is when he made the pick last year against atlanta and returned the ball to mid-field but held the ball like a loaf of bread and fumbled and gave them the ball right back...made us sweat that game out...who cares which one is better, as long as we got both of them...

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

show some patriotism and stop crying.

SEPTEMBER 11, BURN A TOWEL DAY!!

Re: whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Originally posted by clayton83
show some patriotism and stop crying.

SEPTEMBER 11, BURN A TOWEL DAY!!

Thats right man. Take your hippy bs somewhere else. Religious intolerance and cultural ethocentrism are the pillars of MY america.

Surtain gets toasted by the best WR's. Watch him try to cover Harrison and Chrebet and you'll know what I'm saying.

However, that post about Madison being better because the players vote is rediculous. Most players don't even watch tape or anything they just vote for usually goes and that's it. There's a million cases of it happening when there where many more deserving players.

Richmond Webb going every year at end of his career is a great example. Most overrated LT ever.

I also dont agree with you muck .. you dont care if he catches interceptions or just knocks them down ? what the hell? Man a turnover is the best .. if you knock down a sure interception and the next play you get burned then who cares he knocked down the ball? The whole idea is to get the interception .. those are momentum changing plays that must be made !!madison dropped at least 3 or 4 sure interceptions and those could have made a difference in any of those games ... they are way too close talent wise to call so i wont pick one over the other...

Sure I care if he holds onto the the INTs. As I've said before, it's certainly something he can work on and get better at. That's what I meant before.

But the reason I say that (I don't sweat the drops) is because Sam doesn't get burned. Period. So it's not a big loss. He could be like Deltha O'Neal or Doug Evans.....guys who had 9 and 8 INTs last year, but also were beaten more than a top CB gets beaten. The numbers are deceiving.

I put a much bigger onus on making an entire side of the field disappear than catching INTs and giving them up in return.

Also, I don't want to start another argument. But I can't let that "towel" stuff sit by. I understand that this is a time to be suspicious and cautious. And it's certainly a time for patriotism. But I'm of Arabic blood. And I don't like to see my fellow Americans acting out the stereotype that the majority of the world has for us (Americans).

Sheesh, Dr. Love. This place is as completely opposite from the Herald board as it could be. At the Herald board that "religious intolerance-culrural ethnocentrism" comment would have started up a 200 post cavalcade of people shooting politcal slings and arrows at one another.

Surtain is definitely the better tackler. Ever see madison tackle? He sort of lowers his shoulder and bumps them into the endzone.

Surtain is a head and shoulders better tackler, considered when coming out of college to be a possible safety (thank god Jimmuh felt different). I'll go ahead and say it, Madison's a horrible tackler. Not quite Deion Sanders horrible, but he's not very good at it. But it doesn't end up mattering much when the ball's never coming to you :)

Back
Top Bottom