For those who wanted to see Tannehill run more... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who wanted to see Tannehill run more...

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Reaction score
I have to admit: I was one who wanted to see Tanny run more. But what I saw when he did was a VERY tentative runner. He seriously looked scared. NOW, I'm not an idiot. He HAS taken a lot of hits and that could have much to do about how he looked when he ran. Regardless, he didn't look comfortable at all. On the play (two play before the TD to Gibson, if he goes right he scores. But he was so insecure that he cut left and basically fell. Anyone else notice his lack of aggressiveness when running?

I was not a fan of the QB draw plays. Tannehill can move, but that doens't mean he can run through Marcell Darius and Kyle Williams.

You really have to pick your spots running RT. Although he's inconsistent, this offense is built specifically for him. If he goes down, neither guy would fit it nearly as well and this season would be flushed down the toilet.

What i've noticed about tannehill is he likes to stay up to get the extra yards. I bet that comes from his wr days, maybe he wants to show his grit. I'm sure the coaches tell him to slide, but I bet a lot of it is instinct when he stays up on the run.

What I have also noticed , tannehill comes up gimpy a lot, whether it be from a run or sack. He will have to learn the hard way about the NFL if he don't start sliding sooner.

I wanted to see some rollouts and they seemed to be working, he wasn't close to getting sacked and he looked confident directing the receivers.

I want to see Lamar Miller run more, with two TE's.

I have to admit: I was one who wanted to see Tanny run more. But what I saw when he did was a VERY tentative runner. He seriously looked scared. NOW, I'm not an idiot. He HAS taken a lot of hits and that could have much to do about how he looked when he ran. Regardless, he didn't look comfortable at all. On the play (two play before the TD to Gibson, if he goes right he scores. But he was so insecure that he cut left and basically fell. Anyone else notice his lack of aggressiveness when running?

Not seeing it......

Back
Top Bottom