For Wanny supporters.... I need some help here | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Wanny supporters.... I need some help here

phinfan27

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just want to ask a simple question and I want to see what responses I get. What makes you think Wanny can turn this team AROUND, and make the playoffs next year and go FAR in the playoffs? We are talking about the same idiot who brought one of the most talented teams in the league to two straight non-playoff seasons in a row. Oh, and the seasons we did make the playoffs with him, we got killed. You DON'T get lucky in this league when it comes to coaching. Look at all the teams that are in the playoffs and look at their coaches. Is there a reason why Dungy(NFC Championship), Billick ( Super Bowl), Bellicheck ( Super Bowl), , Shanahan ( Super Bowl), , Holmgrem ( Super Bowl), , Parcells ( Super Bowl), Fischer (Super Bowl) ( Wanny has never been close.....) etc continue to make the playoffs every season with teams that we are just as good as or better while Wanny doesn't??????? Is there a reason why Wanny can't win a BIG GAME TO SAVE HIS LIFE? Strange we lost pretty much every big game we played in this year isn't it?

Is it coincidence that all of these playoff teams have strong head coaches or is it just me? There might be one team in the playoffs ( Carolina) who has a questionable coach, but other than that, they are all good coaches. Having an average head coach will bring out AVERAGE results. That's so obvious, I can't believe everybody sees that instead of 95 percent of Dolphins fans.

Don't diss Fox -- he has done amazing things in Carolina. I'd love to have him down in Miami.

I think you're making a pretty strong argument -- either choose a coach like Dennis Green who has seen the conference championship, or get a new guy who can make his run. All I can say is that that doesn't make sense to the one guy whose opinion matters. We're stuck with Wanny, so we just have to hope that he's the rare coach who takes several seasons to really warm up or something...

i'm not a DW supporter, but i agree with him staying because he is no longer the GM.

when he took over JJ team he went 11-5 twice. but his personel choices have hurt. get a GM and let DW coach and i think we'll be much better next season.

if we had a WR and some lineman, those losses that were close might be W. a GM will make sure we attack the weakness of the team.

I can't say i want him gone but I CAN'T SAY I WANT HIM BACK EITHER. They went 10-6 and if he goes, they might end up 8-8 or 7-9 next season. The Phins haven't had a losin season in over 15 years and if you thin things are bad now, look at the Steelers.

i guess if he's willing to get a go to QB, then he should come back. Now how many of you rhink thats' going to happen?

Originally posted by Jimmy James
Don't diss Fox -- he has done amazing things in Carolina. I'd love to have him down in Miami.

I think you're making a pretty strong argument -- either choose a coach like Dennis Green who has seen the conference championship, or get a new guy who can make his run. All I can say is that that doesn't make sense to the one guy whose opinion matters. We're stuck with Wanny, so we just have to hope that he's the rare coach who takes several seasons to really warm up or something...

Well I really mean't to say Fox isn't really proven yet as much as most of the others. The ONLY reason why Wanny is staying another year is because there wasn't many good coaches to choose from BUT, that is stupid to not fire him because of that because we all know we are going to do the same thing next season under Wanny anyways. We mine as well get a coach who can change things up a little bit. Wanny is soft. He is stupid and his philosophy never works. For example, he was soft during pre-season camp and gave the players days off while other NFL teams were working their asses off. RESULT= loss to Houston AT HOME in the opening game. It's not that difficult to see......

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
i'm not a DW supporter, but i agree with him staying because he is no longer the GM.

when he took over JJ team he went 11-5 twice. but his personel choices have hurt. get a GM and let DW coach and i think we'll be much better next season.

if we had a WR and some lineman, those losses that were close might be W. a GM will make sure we attack the weakness of the team.

So you think by getting a GM, Wanny's coaching philosophy is all of a sudden going to change? That the players all of a sudden won't walk all over him? That all of a sudden we will beat teams like New England in the clutch when we need to?

I don't think it's crazy to think that Wanny might tighten up the ship now that he has the GM hat off of his plate. He no longer has to worry about offending players and then trying to negotiate with them. In fact, that's the main reason I never like the dual HC/GM scenario.

That might actually be enough to turn things around to the point that this team does win the important games...

Originally posted by phinfan34

So you think by getting a GM, Wanny's coaching philosophy is all of a sudden going to change? That the players all of a sudden won't walk all over him? That all of a sudden we will beat teams like New England in the clutch when we need to?

i assume you're reffering to the offense which NT controls. give NT the weapons and we'll see what happens.

with better players maybe his philosophy works..

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

i assume you're reffering to the offense which NT controls. give NT the weapons and we'll see what happens.

with better players maybe his philosophy works..

I didn't really refer to the offense. I referred to the team as a whole. Jay Fiedler will be a below average QB no matter who is the coach, so that is not the matter at hand.

Originally posted by phinfan34
I just want to ask a simple question and I want to see what responses I get. What makes you think Wanny can turn this team AROUND, and make the playoffs next year and go FAR in the playoffs? We are talking about the same idiot who brought one of the most talented teams in the league to two straight non-playoff seasons in a row. Oh, and the seasons we did make the playoffs with him, we got killed. You DON'T get lucky in this league when it comes to coaching. Look at all the teams that are in the playoffs and look at their coaches. Is there a reason why Dungy(NFC Championship), Billick ( Super Bowl), Bellicheck ( Super Bowl), , Shanahan ( Super Bowl), , Holmgrem ( Super Bowl), , Parcells ( Super Bowl), Fischer (Super Bowl) ( Wanny has never been close.....) etc continue to make the playoffs every season with teams that we are just as good as or better while Wanny doesn't??????? Is there a reason why Wanny can't win a BIG GAME TO SAVE HIS LIFE? Strange we lost pretty much every big game we played in this year isn't it?

I suppose everyone has wondered about many of the things you have brought up. However, I'm questioning the play of our players more so than the coaching of our coaches. I saw missed double team blocks all year, OL missing blocks entirely at times, WR's and TE's dropping catchable balls every game, and a host of missed tackles. I also thought that while sam Madison did not have a great year, he got very little help from Marion, who was usually on his side of the defense.

I'd like to see the players doing the basics before I criticize the coaches. Poor play in the basics puts coaches and teammates in adverse situations.

i'm hoping the new GM can allow the coaches to focus more on coaching and schemes...and hopfully we'll see the changes we all hope for on the field.

Re: Re: For Wanny supporters.... I need some help here

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

I suppose everyone has wondered about many of the things you have brought up. However, I'm questioning the play of our players more so than the coaching of our coaches. I saw missed double team blocks all year, OL missing blocks entirely at times, WR's and TE's dropping catchable balls every game, and a host of missed tackles. I also thought that while sam Madison did not have a great year, he got very little help from Marion, who was usually on his side of the defense.

I'd like to see the players doing the basics before I criticize the coaches. Poor play in the basics puts coaches and teammates in adverse situations.

i'm hoping the new GM can allow the coaches to focus more on coaching and schemes...and hopfully we'll see the changes we all hope for on the field.

Where you at Prime Time? Mr. I support anything thats negative about the Dolphins?

Re: Re: Re: For Wanny supporters.... I need some help here

Originally posted by DolFan31

Where you at Prime Time? Mr. I support anything thats negative about the Dolphins?

WHAT? LOL

I'm glad wanny is back b/c I don't see any other less risky options and I don't support a lets try anything approach. IMO the primary reason for the team's lack of success is the OL. Without a good OL a team can't be the most talented. So I don't think Miami under-achieved. I think they were over-rated. If the OL is solid then this team could go far, so my hope in a turnaround lies in an improved OL. Maybe the new GM will bring one with him?

Back
Top Bottom