For what it's worth, Josh Allen stole the show at the Senior Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For what it's worth, Josh Allen stole the show at the Senior Bowl

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Say what you will about Josh Allen as an NFL prospect, or the merits of judging players at a glorified exhibition game - he showed Saturday at the Senior Bowl why he's a real candidate to go first overall in April's draft.

The Wyoming alum got off to a slow start - in truth, so did fellow North squad quarterbacks Baker Mayfield and Tanner Lee - but he was golden in the third quarter before giving way to Lee in the fourth.

Allen scored his team's first touchdown with a pinpoint throw to the back of the end zone, hitting Central Michigan's Tyler Conklin after faking an end-around handoff. He was prone to staring down receivers in college, but on this play took one step up in the pocket before firing the ball 16 yards, displaying some exquisite touch, for the score:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...show-at-the-senior-bowl/ar-BBIjODx?li=BBnbfcL

Josh Allen is definitely a candidate to go #1.

I like Rosen and Darnold too but Allen can fire it. Looks like he can grow.

Worth a trade up.

Sadly, I don’t believe the phins are within striking distance of the top 3. They will all be gone well before the 8th pick. Too many QB needy teams ahead of them.

Allen’s performance in the game and Mayfield’s performance in practice are both great for Miami. A potentially great player will be available at 11.

he didn't seem all that inaccurate to me, maybe a little slow on the trigger at times but I came away impressed

I liked how Kyle Lauletta looked in the Senior Bowl but if you think that he "stood out more" than Josh Allen then I would have to question what really stands out to you about a quarterback prospect. Talent should always stand out to you more than results. You know that phrase, success has many fathers but failure is an orphan? I would apply it conceptually here and say that results have many fathers but talent has just one. Nothing against Lauletta.

Consistency is more important then potential. Lauletta was consistent, Allen was not. Allen looked lost in the first. Allen isn't very refined as a QB and has a big bust possibility. Be wary

The Browns will take Allen and will be picking a QB again in 4 years...Accuracy is the most important trait you want in a QB and Allen is not accurate.

Consistency?? LOL what?

Kyle Lauletta had 4 incomplete passes on 12 attempts.

Josh Allen had 4 incomplete passes on 13 attempts.

Consistency???

People just making sh-t up as they go along.

If you watch the game and not the stat box you will see what i mean...

I know you like Allen but it's ok to criticize him a little

If you watch the game and not the stat box you will see what i mean...

I know you like Allen but it's ok to criticize him a little

I did watch the game, and no I do not know what you mean. Quite frankly you just used the wrong word. Consistency is by definition a measure of efficient accumulation, a statistical concept. To sit here and say that the reason the guy who went 8 of 12 was better than the guy who went 9 of 13 is "consistency" is silly, and misguided.

If you want to apply "consistency" to their careers, by all means. Fully appropriate.

I'm not against criticisms of Josh Allen. Just the silly ones.

With all this talk about Allen's arm talent, I don't think it touches Darnold's...granted Darnold shouldn't make it past the first pick...still Darnold is on his own level and everyone else is jockeying for position under him.

Depends on what you mean by arm talent. Most people mean it as a combination of spin and velocity, distance range, ability to throw from different platforms and/or on the run.

If that's the way you mean it, then no Sam Darnold's arm talent is not above Allen's. Josh Allen's arm talent is Looney Tunes.

If arm talent is more about accuracy to you, YMMV.

Depends on what you mean by arm talent. Most people mean it as a combination of spin and velocity, distance range, ability to throw from different platforms and/or on the run.

If that's the way you mean it, then no Sam Darnold's arm talent is not above Allen's. Josh Allen's arm talent is Looney Tunes.

If arm talent is more about accuracy to you, YMMV.

Well consider one matters more than the other, obviously I mean the ability to throw the ball to a specific spot...what good would a pitcher be is he threw the ball 100 MPH but had a hard time keeping it in the strike zone.

Allen hype train is odd...Jeff George...

Back
Top Bottom