Forget about Whitehurst | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget about Whitehurst

tmny99

Glory Glory to Ole Georgia
Reaction score
Just saw on ESPN Insider that ol' Charlie has opted not to throw in the individual workouts. It's one thing if you're a prospect like Young or Leinart, but for Whitehurst to not throw, if he's healthy, is crazy. Maybe he's hurt, but he's definitely hurting his stock.

I dont think it will hurt him that much. He might be hurting some, so instead of throwing and looking worse, he wont at all. He is a 4th round prospect. I dont think he will hurt himself any

playmaker1 said:
I dont think it will hurt him that much. He might be hurting some, so instead of throwing and looking worse, he wont at all. He is a 4th round prospect. I dont think he will hurt himself any

In the article, the guy said that some people may question his competitive nature when you see a guy like Cutler taking part in everything.

RalphX19X said:
He did have shoulder surgery after the season.

Yes he had surgery in December, but since then he participated in the Senior Bowl, and in the All Star Challenge.

tmny99 said:
In the article, the guy said that some people may question his competitive nature when you see a guy like Cutler taking part in everything.

this is true. I just dont think it will make him any less of a pick. He will still go around the 4th. I thought he looked good and competative at the senior bowl.

He doesnt want to risk his shoulder right now. I think he shouldnt have participated in that competition at Pro Player. I think he tried to do something there and actually didnt do his shoulder any favors.

I sense people are getting way too worked up over this combine stuff. It does not prove anything other than scoring some extra points. It does not translate into success in the NFL.

from what I saw from the combine footage, both Croyle and Jacobs looked to be in very good form throughout each drill they participated in. I only have one concern for each, with Croyle it is of course his size and durability and Jacobs his throwing mechanics. That being said, I'd take either of them before Whitehurst given his inconsistency throughout his college career and now his questionable health status due to his surgery and healing process.

I'd say Croyle in the 2nd/3rd or Jacobs in the 4th....

Back
Top Bottom