Forget Lucas- your D blew it! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget Lucas- your D blew it!

Bledsoe, Moulds, Price is a TOTALLY different scenario from Fiedler, Chambers, Gadsen. Our offense is those 3 guys, your 3 aren't your main thing on offense, Ricky is. There is no excuse when you cant run for over 100 yards on a D that allows 130 RYPG

Originally posted by DPlus47
nice point, but that looked like a breakdown by marion in a cover 2 defense. there was nobody else deep on his side of the field and he was late getting over. and sure it was a breakdown, but 1 td pass to an offense like that is a pretty good day, wouldn't you say? or don't you guys believe in the skills of your team?

If you watched the game, then you have to concede that Bledsoe hit Moulds and Price 3 other times on what should have been long gains, but Moulds and Price dropped the catchable throws.

If those were completions, add 75 yards at minimum to Bledsoe's stats.

So, the D doesn't get much credit for "holding" Bledsoe's production down- the Bills' own misfires cost them 14 or more points. The Miami D had nothing to do with that.

Add the Miami D's dismal failure in not getting any takeaways-

the Miami D blew it!

:lol: :lol:

I'm sorry, but the Dolphin turnovers led to 20 of the Bills 23 points.

If the one interception is not run back for a TD, the Bills offense scores 19 points. For an offense that had been averaging 30+, that is a defensive victory.

Actually, they would have scored 16. The defense lost the game? Get your head out of your ass and realize that the D CANNOT prevent an offense from scoring on a short field. Ray Lucas gave you 20 points. Any half-assed team could have scored 20 points with 6 turnovers......

Who cares how we did it, we did it. We won, you lost, End of story. I’d be a little nervous about the next few weeks if I was a Dolphins fan.

Originally posted by chambers84
This is about as stupid a post as the one saying Turner was to blame for the loss. What a bunch of dumba$$e$!!!

I think your a dumba$$ for blaming it on Lucas....

Only a genius like you would come in with that theory....

You can blame Lucas all you want, but your wrong. Not only are you wrong, but your stupid as well...

Sorry if that sounds harsh.....NOT!!!!

I was at the game, and I saw what was going on. We gave up on the running game way too early, and even when we could have gone into halftime at 10-10, for some stupid reason, we called for more passing....one play later???....we're down 17-10.....

Norv gave R. Lucas way too much responsibilty. He's not a proven leader, or player.......RICKY IS!!!

Your an idiot for placing all the blame on R. Lucas.....

He didn't call the idiotic plays that resulted in turnovers....Norv did.

I love Norv. He's one of the best at what he does, but yesterday he had a major brain fart.....

YOU POUND RICKY. YOU POUND HIM ON 3RD & SHORT.

YOU DONT PUT THE BALL UP IN THE AIR. ONLY AN IDIOT LIKE YOU WOULD MAKE THAT CALL THREE TIMES INSIDE FIELDGOAL RANGE...

PS. Sorry if that sounds harsh.....NOT!!!!:lol: :p :lol:

PHINZ RULE!!!!:evil:

:monkey:
CHAMBERS84

Originally posted by The Judge
Good teams rise up to the occasion when a "star player" goes down w/ an injury.

It was up to the Miami D to help Lucas out yesterday. It did NOTHING. Travis Henry shredded the D out-Rickying Ricky. Drew shredded the pass D, and if Moulds and Price hadn't had off-days he would have connected on 3 or 4 bombs and had 300 yards passing.

Lucas didn't play well. Don't blame him though- his D put him in a position where he had to try to win the game, and he just wasn't good enough to take on that kind of pressure.

Blame Zach, Jason, and Mr. Certain/Surtain.

Judge,

Welcome to planet Earth. Our welcome package for all extra terrestrials visiting our planet for the first time includes the following three pieces of advice:

1) Try the beer. Alcohol has a pleasing affect on most carbon based life forms.
2) Visit the beaches. A great way to relax after centuries of space flight.
3) Don't share your football insights. You don't have any.

Thanks for visiting. ON your way home can I bum a lift to Ursor Minor?
:lol:

Originally posted by The Judge
Good teams rise up to the occasion when a "star player" goes down w/ an injury.

It was up to the Miami D to help Lucas out yesterday. It did NOTHING. Travis Henry shredded the D out-Rickying Ricky. Drew shredded the pass D, and if Moulds and Price hadn't had off-days he would have connected on 3 or 4 bombs and had 300 yards passing.

Lucas didn't play well. Don't blame him though- his D put him in a position where he had to try to win the game, and he just wasn't good enough to take on that kind of pressure.

Blame Zach, Jason, and Mr. Certain/Surtain.

"When A star player goes down"....How about when 3 of them go down all in 1 week...The D did all they could to help Lucas and Lucas did nothing to help them, other than putting them on the field more often....Henry shredded the D and yet had no touchdowns whatsoever?

Judge Judy,
Unfortunately the season isnt over for Buffalo and you'll be playing next week...SO get over your great win against our depleted team and move on...No point on sulking it up...I mean WE STILL are in 1st place in the standings and thats all that counts...
As for the part of your post saying that our D cost us the game well thats a great analysis...why dont u send your resume to ESPN...:hitself:

Originally posted by Billsfan
Who cares how we did it, we did it. We won, you lost, End of story. I’d be a little nervous about the next few weeks if I was a Dolphins fan.

Yeah ok, you better be nervous about having to play a healthy Miami, because lets face it with Feidler and Chambers in the line up Sunday, it would have been a Miami win, I know it, you know it, the Bills players and coaches know it, and Miami's players and coaches know it. So does the whole country, you guys maybe patting yourselves on the back but people are actually laughing at you not with you.
So enjoy the win, the Bills got away with one.

See you in Buffalo and the Fins will bring Carter with them.:evil:

Hmmmm, okay... people say we gave up on the rushing game.... Miami had 34 rushes and 33 passes, how is that giving up on the running game?

The problem on Offense came from Buffalo quickly realizing that Lucas was a joke and that anything he threw had a pretty good chance of being picked. They then proceeded to stack the line on Ricky and start limiting his effectiveness.

Now we understand just what we had in Feidler, yes, Ricky is the "star" of this offense, but any one man can be limited if the opposing 11 concentrate on him. With Feidler we had a QB that could make other teams pay the price for dooing that. With Jay we don't. The WR injuries don't concern me that much because McDropsy and Ward were open all day, Lucas just couldent get the ball into their Zipcode (let alone their hands).

Also, to whomever the dumba$$ is that said Mimi couldnt rush for 100 yards, they had 132 yards on the ground today thank you very much.

And as far as the high powered Buffalo Assault goes, here is the numbers (Against their per game average)...
Bledsoe against Miami Sunday: 15/31; 182yds; 1TD; 0INT; 77.6QB Rating
Bledsoe average aginst other teams: 30/42; 336yds; 2TD; 1INT; 100.9QB Rating

Miami's D held Bledsoe to under 50%Completions, and had a solid day against him.

Moulds against Miami Sunday: 3Rec; 81yds; 1 TD
Moulds average aginst other teams: 8Rec; 97yds; 1TD

Madison held Moulds in check all day, Marion broke coverage on the one big play, but when covered by Madison, Moulds only had 11yds

so looking at how "Air Buffalo" did I'm pretty happy with the Defensive performance. Holding Buffalo to a season low 313 yards and forcing them to punt 6 times (not including the fake punt attempt) while Miami only had to punt 4 times (not including the fake FG attempt). If lucas doesn't turn the ball over 6 times then Miami hands buffalo their arses...

Good job by buffalo taking advantage of the situation, but don't get too ****y, Lucas won't be starting next time we face you.

Dan Straight Barbarian you tell those retarded Bauffalo fans!!

Samphin=Barbarian's number one fan

Barbarian's monkey :monkey: all over the Bills fans, in their mouth's, ears, nose and hair.

What?

Our defense? Our defense held the Bills to 16 points offensively and Bledsoe (who leads the NFL in passing yards) to under 200 yards. We kept the game close until late in the 4th. I'm sorry, but 6 turnovers is what killed Miami, not its defense.

Back
Top Bottom