Forget Lucas- your D blew it! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget Lucas- your D blew it!

Hey Judge, the rating system doesn't count when you rate your own thread. Sad!

Originally posted by MarinoFan
Hey Judge, the rating system doesn't count when you rate your own thread. Sad!

If I'm the only one saying anything intelligent, I might as well give a high score! I've seen little to no intelligent response- just pathetic insults from you fin fans who couldn't tell the difference between a 4-3 and a 3-4 defense.

The closest I got was some statistical analysis, which didn't take into account any reality of what happened. The worst I got was inane insults from the likes of you.

Hilarious!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well then....

Explain to me why the NFL's leading passer was held to under 200 yards passing, and why your offense, which was second in the league in scoring and averaging over 31 points a game was held to only half of that?

That fact was that even with 6 turnovers, Miami was not out of the game until late in the 4th quarter. It was our defense that kept it close.

Re: Well then....

Originally posted by JLFINFAN
Explain to me why the NFL's leading passer was held to under 200 yards passing, and why your offense, which was second in the league in scoring and averaging over 31 points a game was held to only half of that?

That fact was that even with 6 turnovers, Miami was not out of the game until late in the 4th quarter. It was our defense that kept it close.

With all due respect, because I appreciate your willingness to discuss instead of insult-

go back and watch the game. Count how many times Bledsoe just barely overthrew a wide open Moulds or Price, and how many catchable balls Moulds and Price both dropped. There wasn't a Miami defender anywhere near Bledsoe, Moulds, or Price- they just misfired. It had nothing to do w/ the Miami D.

If those were completions, it would have meant an additional 50-100 yards passing, and probably another TD or 2.

Frankly, Miami didn't do anything. It couldn't contain Travis Henry, and Bledsoe had an off day and generally had enough time to throw. The Bills' own misfires accounted for the closeness of the game.

Miami didn't force any turnovers, and lost the line of scrimmage battle badly. The Miami D must be held accountable for that.

Re: Re: Well then....

the pass rush and coverage in the 2nd half is what kept the game close. Bledsoe missed on 2 or 3 passes that could have put some more pts up there, but generally the coverage was too tight and Bledsoe was given little time to wait so he played smart and took the sack (5x) or threw it away. Basically, our ineptitude on O allowed the Bills to make the Phins beat them - which Lucas could not - rather than give the Phins any help. I agree 100% w/what Williams was trying to do and obviously it helped win the game.

Re: Re: Well then....

"...go back and watch the game. Count how many times Bledsoe just barely overthrew a wide open Moulds or Price, and how many catchable balls Moulds and Price both dropped. There wasn't a Miami defender anywhere near Bledsoe, Moulds, or Price- they just misfired. It had nothing to do w/ the Miami D.

If those were completions, it would have meant an additional 50-100 yards passing, and probably another TD or 2."

That is speculation on your part. What if Lucas hadn't thrown two interceptions deep in your territory? We could have scored TDs and won the game. Again, it is all speculation. And regardless, Bledsoe overthrowing receivers is a knock against Bledsoe, not Miami's defense.

You still did not answer my question. Why was your offense held to just 16 points? Why was Bledsoe held to under 200 yards passing?

And....

how did Miami's defensive line lose the battle badly when they sacked Bledsoe 5 times? Please, take off your rose colored glasses.

Frankly, Miami didn't do anything. It couldn't contain Travis Henry, and Bledsoe had an off day and generally had enough time to throw.

Let me present an analysis of Miami's defensive line play from The Sporting News (not a Dolphin fan posting on a message board):

Defensive line: The front four put constant pressure on Drew Bledsoe without needing much help from the blitz. Rob Burnett and Jay Williams had their way in the middle in pass-rushing situations because of the extra attention Jason Taylor received. Tim Bowens had a solid day vs. the run. Grade: B+

THAT'S why his numbers were down. Not because of "defensive problems."

Actually,

I was of the opinion that this was one of the better defensive performances of the season. Against the number 2 offense with turnover after turnover we were still in it late because of the play of the defense.

After the way KC torched us, I was convinced we didn't have the D to win the Superbowl. But despite being disapointed at the loss, I am a bigger believer in our team now. With that kind of defense, and hopefully our offense gets healthy and I like our chances.

Originally posted by The Judge

Insults are the last resort of the wrong and the ignorant.

This is what we have been trying to tell you all along!!!

I understand now. He is on shock because he thought his offense was the best in the league and there was no way in could be contained. Now, after it was contained, he comes in and is trying to make it look like it wasn't. Interesting......

That play wasn't Madison's fault, Marion was supposed to help on the coverage and he was way late.

OMG...this crappy thread is still going?

I can't believe people are still talking about last week. haha

Thanks for the fun guys-

I'll be back to laugh at the Dolphins when they fall out of first place, when they lose to the Bills at Buffalo, and when they're eliminated from the playoffs, due to their SOFT, WUSSY defense that got run over by KC and got BEAT up by the Bills.

See ya!

:p :p :p :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom