Forget Rivers... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget Rivers...

DOLBET

Starter
Reaction score
In today edition of Chicago Tribute, they says that Rivers will be first quarterback to be drafted....So, don't count on him falling to 20th.

That is flat out the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

not really, sporting news had a big article on him the last issue and said if anything he may be the best guy out there and may become the best qb in the nfl and said if anything eli should be #1a and Rivers #1b......

He has started more games then anyone in NCAA history and has the 2nd best or most completions (percentage) (i think) going up against some pretty good competition.

the only thing that was knocking him was his sidearm throw ....but at 6-5 and he's only been batted down like 4 times out of over 450 attempts......that didn't seem to be a problem for him;

his stock has been soaring lately....

It says that Rivers have most accurate arm, more awareness on field, and can evade sackers than other leading quaterbacks. The writer of article says he will not be surprised if he is drafted first. Well, it is only his opinion.

true, and i wasn't saying that he will be the first QB to go....but obviously a lot of folks who do this for a living are giving him enough credit to think he may go first.....that speaks volumes and doesn't mean it's a stupid assumption (is all).

Its 2 early to tell who will be the first QB picked. Manning hasnt had his private workouts yet. Rivers was very impressive at the senior bowl, but supposedly Rothisberger was awesome at the combine and he could end up going #1. It really looks like a crap shoot to pick a #1 right now. The only quality QB the Fins can get with the 20 pick is J.P. Losman, the other guys should be long gone by our pick.

Originally posted by DOLBET
In today edition of Chicago Tribute, they says that Rivers will be first quarterback to be drafted....So, don't count on him falling to 20th.

The Chicago Tribune is wrong. There is no way that Rivers will be taken over Manning and Roethlisberger.

Who would of thought that Ken O'Brien would have been taken over Dan Marino?

Even if this doesn't prove out it just goes to show you what I've been saying. There's no way he falls to #20, and if he did by some MIRACLE even with AJ Feeley, you have to draft him. Do you pass on Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger at #20? Nope. You don't pass on Rivers either.

Back
Top Bottom