Forget Young, get Jonathan Scott | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget Young, get Jonathan Scott

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
I was more impressed with the Texas OL than Young, USC didn't even get within an arm's reach of the QB or RB. Young's game can't translate to the NFL level because D's in the pros can tackle (unlike USC's) and coaches would be smart enough to use QB spies to stop those runs. One guy that popped out, Jonathan Scott. He's eligible for the draft and can turn out to be a good LT if under Houck's tutelage. He'll be around our spot at this moment in the draft and if we can't lock up a QB in the 1st round or trade up to get Leinart, I'd like to see us take him.

Ummm, you put a spy when the other team has a good TE and that can kill you...

Jaj said:
Ummm, you put a spy when the other team has a good TE and that can kill you...

Not as much as Young's TD runs. I'd rather force him to make the throws rather than run. Not that I'm complaining since our rival school lost because of those TD runs.

Young is far ahead....

FAR FAR AHEAD of where Vick ever was as a passer coming out. It's not even close. I can certainly see him drafted by the Texans now to appease their fans, and Reeves coming in to take on yet another mobile QB who'd be FLAT OUT DEADLY with the roll out.

Jaj said:
Young is far ahead....

FAR FAR AHEAD of where Vick ever was as a passer coming out. It's not even close. I can certainly see him drafted by the Texans now to appease their fans, and Reeves coming in to take on yet another mobile QB who'd be FLAT OUT DEADLY with the roll out.

He's a better passer yes. But he won't be able to run against NFL caliber D's. And his passing is about average. Not to mention if he goes high in the draft, he won't have that good OL.

Jaj said:
Young is far ahead....

Fine with me, then we can get Carr when they let him go.They won't be able to afford both of them, specially with them having to give Carr 8mill so bring him to Miami...our o-line will give him some time to trow and he'll be trowing to CC,Booker and Randy plus will have Ricky and Ronnie back there with him.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

dominizzo said:
J>Scoot looked tough man woow could be the next Walter Jones

Walter Jones is a bit of a stretch. Scott would really need to pay attention to Houck if he comes here to achieve that level. He's got the attriubtes and potential to do so, just needs to correct some mentality issues which Houck should do. He'd will be good no doubt and I think he's a major reason why people are so high on Young. A good OL makes everyone better.

Not sure how you can make the comment he won't be able to run like that in the pros, we see Vick, Culpepper, McNair, and a few others have great running games. I don't think he will get 200 yards games consistently but if he is averaging 7-8 yards a carry, he's doing something right. Sure teams can tackle better but not all of them. Missed tackles or broken tackles are part of football. Young has the same oppurtunity as every other player to get bigger and stronger. I think he would still be able to use his mobility as a weapon at the next level. He's stronger and faster than Vick or McNair, or Elway or Young ever were. Improve his throwing, which isn't bad to begin with and he will be a scary QB.

Jonathan SCott would be a huge upgrade for our team. If he or Huff are available, I jump at that chance.

Back
Top Bottom