Former Dolphin Davone Bess arrested after standoff with SWAT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Dolphin Davone Bess arrested after standoff with SWAT

Man it really sucks when someone who suffers from mental illness gets 3 felony charges, rather than help for his disease. Get well Bess.

Well let's see how they deal with him in court. More often now the judge recognizes the need for treatment. His actions in the situation didn't require a psychologist, they needed a swat team. If you have an illness, be it addiction or bipolar, you have a responsibily to do your part in following treatment and such. If he's hauling ass from a police checkpoint, chances are he's not just an innocent victim having a manic episode.

I wish well for the guy and I do hope he's not just thrown in jail to rot. Get him treatment, yes, and hope he follows suit.

Damn, this is really sad. I'm dealing with some aspect of this in my family. Hate to see young men go through this. I hope he gets help...he was a fun player to watch and appeared to be a really nice guy overall.

Is it possible that this is CTE related? Seems like he has been having delusions or some level of psychosis. Seems young for CTE though.

I think the problem is CTE can't be detected unless the person is deceased, unless something has changed recently. Blows to the head definitely didn't help, though.

That's depressing.

For some reason it reminded me of Marion Barber.
Dude also had some mental issues after playing in the NFL.

I think the problem is CTE can't be detected unless the person is deceased, unless something has changed recently. Blows to the head definitely didn't help, though.

I don't remember/recall if Davone Bess had any concussions? Anyone can refresh my memory? All I know is that he wasn't afraid like some (Hartline, Wallace) to make the tough catches in the middle.

I don't remember/recall if Davone Bess had any concussions? Anyone can refresh my memory? All I know is that he wasn't afraid like some (Hartline, Wallace) to make the tough catches in the middle.

I don't recall any keeping him out of a game, but he most certainly had plenty of concussions given his small stature and propensity to make tough catches in traffic.

Poor dude ... No doubt he is mentally broken and treating him like a pure criminal will do nothing to help him

Damn, this is really sad. I'm dealing with some aspect of this in my family. Hate to see young men go through this. I hope he gets help...he was a fun player to watch and appeared to be a really nice guy overall.

Hope things go well with your family. I know that's an incredibly tough thing to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom