Former Dolphins Ol Isaac Asiata Retires At The Age Of 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Dolphins Ol Isaac Asiata Retires At The Age Of 26

I just saw Anthony Alabi starring in a show on Netflix . . . Sometimes you just don't got the goods at this level and gotta pursue other avenues. I am sure coaching did him no favors while he was here either but enter that second chapter of your professional life healthy and with money in your pocket.

Best of luck to the guy. He got some cash to start a life with and he’s a genuinely good dude.

But man, what a terrible pick he ended up being, even if only a 6th rounder.

Best of luck to the guy. He got some cash to start a life with and he’s a genuinely good dude.

But man, what a terrible pick he ended up being, even if only a 6th rounder.

Yea no doubt

If they can't trust you to take snaps at guard at any point, on this team, you must really suck lol

Just another poor draft selection. If you read what he wrote he had some heavy issues with fear of failure, fear of being a bust etc. This guy should have been weeded out in the pre draft interviews. He had the wrong temperament for the violent and nasty game of football. It takes a powerful body and a powerful mind to play in today's NFL. We bring in Jonathan Martin type guys, it HAS to stop. I pray Deiter can start for us and play well. MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another poor draft selection. If you read what he wrote he had some heavy issues with fear of failure, fear of being a bust etc. This guy should have been weeded out in the pre draft interviews. He had the wrong temperament for the violent and nasty game of football. It takes a powerful body and a powerful mind to play in today's NFL. We bring in Jonathan Martin type guys, it HAS to stop. I pray Deiter can start for us and play well. MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

He played much tougher and with attitude at Utah than what is being portrayed in that farewell. Obviously we aren't privileged to sit in on predraft interviews but he definitely wasn't Jonathan Martin on the field from what I saw of him.

But I get what your saying, starting drafting some dudes that will eat there own young if it means opening up a proper running lane or protecting their QB.

In what little I saw of him he just seemed to completely miss basic stuff, the type of stuff that will get your QB/RB killed. It was real weird.

Good for him. No shame in not being able to cut it in the NFL. Only the best of the very best make it, and he was talented enough to get drafted and stay on an NFL roster for a few years.

ETA: That being said, my memory of Asiata will always be how he'd lunge forward with his upper body when blocking to the point where his torso and legs were almost at a 90 degree angle. Always funny to watch. Reminds me of this guy:

Last edited:
This is BEYOND shocking!

I need a job like that!

OK. I'm too old.

But...

...sometimes the N F L is like

WOW

If you ain’t got it you ain’t got it. At least he recognizes that instead of masquerading around as an nfl player like Dallas Thomas who is still a free agent...

I assume he hung on long enough
like a hemorrhoid to qualify for
pension???

Back
Top Bottom