Former Great Dolphin Snubbed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Great Dolphin Snubbed

Wayne is right, enough with these hold-outs!!! From now on, if you don't sign the contract being offered / you don't play for the Phinz....

We need to make that clear to every draftee from now on, and stop alllowing them to force the issue all the time. Once one player does it {Brown for instance}, and gets's his way in the end, it only opens the door for future first round picks {Allen} to do the same....

The only way to make it stop, is to stand fast / and don't budge when it comes to contract negociations. Giving in to them seems like the right thing to do when it comes to getting that player on the field, but in the long run it only sets you up for future instances of the same problems with other players...

You never see teams like New England / Philadelphia putting up with rookie hold-outs like we do. They laugh at players / agents looking for more money because they're not desperate to get them on the field the way we are all the time. That's the way I feel about it....

It's like feeding a stray cat, once you do it, you know that cat will be back for more. The way we've handled our first round rookies over the last two years, has done nothing but show how easily our organization is taken advantage of. That has to stop, these rookies have been getting paid way too much for the minimal results they're producing in my opinion.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Wayne is right, enough with these hold-outs!!! From now on, if you don't sign the contract being offered / you don't play for the Phinz....

We need to make that clear to every draftee from now on, and stop alllowing them to force the issue all the time. Once one player does it {Brown for instance}, and gets's his way in the end, it only opens the door for future first round picks {Allen} to do the same....

The only way to make it stop, is to stand fast / and don't budge when it comes to contract negociations. Giving in to them seems like the right thing to do when it comes to getting that player on the field, but in the long run it only sets you up for future instances of the same problems with other players...

You never see teams like New England / Philadelphia putting up with rookie hold-outs like we do. They laugh at players / agents looking for more money because they're not desperate to get them on the field the way we are all the time. That's the way I feel about it....

It's like feeding a stray cat, once you do it, you know that cat will be back for more. The way we've handled our first round rookies over the last two years, has done nothing but show how easily our organization is taken advantage of. That has to stop, these rookies have been getting paid way too much for the minimal results they're producing in my opinion.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

IMO a recipe that will Fail.

I don't mind Wayne H making a statement about being Tough on draftee
in Feb.

but when it comes down to it, each contract is different
and should be treated different .Mr.H knows this !
Just get the guys in the first week .

I forget who?

But I remember a few years ago there was a team that negotiated a contract before drafting a player, they wanted to be sure ther was no holdout. I think that's a very good idea.

Learn something about the players

:yes:

Art Monk too. What a slap in the face to both. I wonder if Keuch's comments during the season turned them off him. I'm told it's generally a popularity contest - nothing more.

National sports writers could care less what Kuechenberg said about his old team, it's no more relevant that Irvin's bad behaviour off the field. He didn't make it because he didn't deserve to make it. Every other offensive lineman in the Hall, from the 1970s has at least 6 All-Pro appearances. Kuechenberg had 2. He's not going to get in anytime soon for that reason alone. There are a few other 1970s/early 80s era offensive linemen that had at least 2 All-Pro recognitions during their careers, are we going to enshrine them too? Where do you draw the line?

Art Monk is in no way deserving of a Hall of Fame induction. I went over the numbers already. If you put him in what about Rice, Carter, Reed, Fryar, Tim Brown, Irvin, Lofton etc, etc. Are you going to have eight wide receivers inducted who played at roughly the same time? Not going to happen. Cliff Branch can't get into the Hall of Fame and you want to put Art Monk in? Terence Mathis has stats almost identical to Charlie Joiner, in fewer years played, are we going to put Mathis in the Hall of Fame? Come on. Educate yourselves about the players.

But I remember a few years ago there was a team that negotiated a contract before drafting a player, they wanted to be sure ther was no holdout. I think that's a very good idea.
That only ever happens with the #1 pick.

Ah, you see, I was watching the Miami Dolphins actually win their two titles with Bob Griese...BEFORE he had to wear glasses. And I still think Kooch was in the wrong, Jason Taylor thought so too...if that means anything.

I retrospect, it lit a fire under this team, albeit brief. Which was a lot more than Saban could do.
JT would take offense, but seriously don't you agree the team needed to be called out.
Just being objective, the talent on this team was way better than 6-10 would indicate. At times the team played like an expansion team and it was embarrassing.
After Kooch's comments they went out and destroyed the Bears.

Back
Top Bottom