Former Great Dolphin Snubbed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Great Dolphin Snubbed

Irrespective of your opinion, the criteria for HOF induction has to do with performance on the field. He was an exceptional guard and he completely dominated HOF defensive lineman Alan Page in the SB (with one arm in a cast, no less).
Ya beat me to it!

Yes, but he got in because of his contributions as a Bill. He did nothing for the Phins.
Uuuuuh. He did do something for the Phins....hurt us many of times!

Ddint thurman thomas get in the HOF as a bill

I don't think players go into the NFL Hall of Fame under a particular team like they do in major league baseball....they are either IN or they are NOT in.....I don't think they choose a team to be inducted with. They just get a Hall of Fame bust and are welcomed in.

Kooch was an awesome lineman, fun to watch and always aggresive from the snap of the ball. He should have been in the Hall a long time ago and I remember him playing with the cast on his arm.

I don't think players go into the NFL Hall of Fame under a particular team like they do in major league baseball....they are either IN or they are NOT in.....I don't think they choose a team to be inducted with. They just get a Hall of Fame bust and are welcomed in.

Correct.

Go to the NFL Hall of Fame's webpage and then go to "Franchises"

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/teams.html

Though it is thoroughly sickening, Thurman Thomas is listed as a Dolphin HOFer as well as a Bills one.
However, the HOF does recognize with which club a player made the majority of his contributions. Thomas is listed with the Bills in bold all caps, while under the Dolphins he is listed in normal font, lower case.

Correct.

Go to the NFL Hall of Fame's webpage and then go to "Franchises"

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/teams.html

Though it is thoroughly sickening, Thurman Thomas is listed as a Dolphin HOFer as well as a Bills one.
However, the HOF does recognize with which club a player made the majority of his contributions. Thomas is listed with the Bills in bold all caps, while under the Dolphins he is listed in normal font, lower case.

Interesting that Nick Buoniconti is listed in bold under both the Pats' and the 'Phins... ...though looking at his bio, it makes perfect sense...

Kooch was good, but HOF?

There are already 10 offensive linemen in the HOF from the 1970s--Gene Upshaw, Art Shell, Jim Langer, Mike Webster, Larry Little, Dan Dierdorf, Ron Yary, Rayfield Wright, John Hannah, and Joe DeLamielleure. They were named to the All-Pro team at least six-times, each. Hannah was proclaimed "the greatest offensive lineman in history" by Sports Illustrated. Bob Kuechenberg was named All-Pro twice, that's why he's not in, and isn't likely to get in anytime soon. Rayfield Wright, who played tackle, couldn't make it until the seniors committee inducted him, and he was a member of the All-Decade team.

If you're wondering why Art Monk didn't make it, but Irvin did, look no further then his stats. Irvin had 7 thousand-yard seasons in 12 years. Monk had 5 thousand-yard seasons in 16. Monk only went to 3 Pro Bowls. Monk is 31st in touchdowns by receivers. That is not HOF worthy. Nat Moore has more touchdowns then Monk. Monk's career has substantial overlap with the careers of Cris Carter, Andre Reed, Michael Irvin, James Lofton, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Irving Fryar, how many of these players are going to make it? Fryar is not discussed for the Hall of Fame and he has more Pro Bowls, receiving yards, and touchdowns then Monk. You've got to draw the line.

There are many players not in the Hall that have bigger beefs then Kuechenberg, or Monk. Cliff Branch, Robert Brazile and Randy Gradishar to name only three. Brazile and Gradishar were simply two of the most dominant players at the linebacker position in their era. Brazile was a member of the NFL's All-Seventies team, and he can't sniff the Hall of Fame, but Harry Carson, drafted a year after him, whose career paralled Brazile's almost exactly did make it. Then again, Carson played for a two-time Super Bowl winner, and Brazile did not. The seniors committee inducted Charlie Sanders, but I've never even seen Riley Odoms nominated, and he had better numbers and played on a better team during the same era.

Screw Kooch...I always thought he should have been voted in a long time ago, but you know what...keep on waiting Bob! He played with some awesome O-line teammates (Little, Langer and Stephenson, who are all in the Hall) during his career and it wasn`t like he was Gene Upshaw or anything. Plus, he ran his trap regarding this past current Dolphins team, and right or not, you don`t go slam your team Bob. I got zero respect for the guy. LOTS of guys more deserving than #67 imo.

Screw Kooch...I always thought he should have been voted in a long time ago, but you know what...keep on waiting Bob! He played with some awesome O-line teammates (Little, Langer and Stephenson, who are all in the Hall) during his career and it wasn`t like he was Gene Upshaw or anything. Plus, he ran his trap regarding this past current Dolphins team, and right or not, you don`t go slam your team Bob. I got zero respect for the guy. LOTS of guys more deserving than #67 imo.
Bob opening his mouth was the best thing to happen to this team in 2006. Had he not open his mouth, I don't think we would win another game. He opened up some eyes and slapped reality in the players' faces.

So, he had no right to slam the team...a team that he was an integral part of, but you have the right to slam him?
Okaaaaay:rolleyes2

So, he had no right to slam the team...a team that he was an integral part of, but you have the right to slam him?
Okaaaaay:rolleyes2
How am I slamming him? He didn`t have good things to say about the `06 Dolphins, did he? And imo he isn`t a HOF player...I must not be alone in that assesment either.

How am I slamming him? He didn`t have good things to say about the `06 Dolphins, did he? And imo he isn`t a HOF player...I must not be alone in that assesment either.

Then just what were you doing?
He earned the right to slam or praise the team. He left blood on the field for that team. Past players from any team, who put in the effort that he did, has every right to critique them.
IMO, he is a HOF player...I am sure I am not alone in that assesment.

Back
Top Bottom