Former QB seems committed to Jets OC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former QB seems committed to Jets OC

The counterpoint to that is that if Weeden were to win the starting job, like Flacco, Sanchez, Ryan, etc did, he'd be about the same age as, if not younger than Kurt Warner and Jake DelHomme were when they earned their starting jobs. If memory serves me correctly it wasn't too long after, was it, when both of them took their teams to the SB? Now Weeden is certainly higher regarded than were Warner or DelHomme coming out of college. Now you can say Warner had prior experience in the adult equivalent of a peewee league, etc, but if he was good, he wouldn't have needed to, nor ended up stocking grocery shelves in Iowa.

the difference is there is no chance for development time if he is not ready for day one and i dont think this franchise needs to take that kind of risk. He is six years older than the average rookie propsect so it doesnt make sense for a team to take Weeden high when basically half of his nfl career is already used up. Now if you take him later in draft then its a much more manageable risk that could pay dividends. Taking a qb two year older than Moore is an unwise investment early in the draft .

I want the Yets to sign the Robot. Between $4mill for the robot and Scanchez salary, the Yest will burn up their cap space on bad players.

Well its not like Pennington had any more loyalty to us than the jets and he did work with Sparano. Pennington is not a coach yet so its not illegal, hell we broke plenty of that rule last year so lets not act like any team is really following this rule. Its smart for Sanchez to learn whatever offense it is that Sparano will run although its no better offense than the one the jets have ran so I dont really care. They downgraded OC so its a plus for us

Sight unseen, between Philbin and Sherman, we will have revised and upgraded our offense when all is said and done. Pennington was an overrated hired gun who gave us a feel good minute until the Ravens (twice) revealed what 75% of every top scoring D he's ever faced knew. I don't think it's required he has any loyalty to us and is obviously pandering to the jest to replace Cavanaugh as Taco's QB coach. Appreciated what he did but his start of the 09 season revealed him for what he was, a weak-armed dink and dunker with a head on his shoulders. If he wants to help confuse Sanchez and aid The Meatball in ****ing up what residue of a dynamic offense is left in the Meadowland, I say "go for it."

Both responses seem to be linked.
By years everybody qualified as ineffective almost every offensive scheme of the Dolphins, but I'm a believer that any offense could be as effective as the quality of the key players required to execute it.

As example, with Ricky and a better O-line and a TE like Rob Gronkowski, 2002 offense could have been enough to be a challenger.

Also turning into WCO doesn't mean we'll turn into contenders. 2011 offered fine examples of good results of WCO like Saints or Packers, and also disappointing cases like Seahawks or Cardinals.

So I think it's more complex that just adopting a new offense. WCO requires a mobile passer with accuracy and quick drop on short distance and receivers with good hands to catch the football on traffic.

I hope the best for Philbin and whoever serves as starting QB.

Both responses seem to be linked.
By years everybody qualified as ineffective almost every offensive scheme of the Dolphins, but I'm a believer that any offense could be as effective as the quality of the key players required to execute it.

As example, with Ricky and a better O-line and a TE like Rob Gronkowski, 2002 offense could have been enough to be a challenger.

Also turning into WCO doesn't mean we'll turn into contenders. 2011 offered fine examples of good results of WCO like Saints or Packers, and also disappointing cases like Seahawks or Cardinals.

So I think it's more complex that just adopting a new offense. WCO requires a mobile passer with accuracy and quick drop on short distance and receivers with good hands to catch the football on traffic.

I hope the best for Philbin and whoever serves as starting QB.

Biggest problem with 2002 offense no real threat of any pass over a few yards so teams just stacked for run and dared us to pass. A testament to how good ricky was is he ran over the league while they stacked.

Biggest problem with 2002 offense no real threat of any pass over a few yards so teams just stacked for run and dared us to pass. A testament to how good ricky was is he ran over the league while they stacked.
Yeah and that was caused because we used blocking TE & FB, as our linemen were unable to stop pass rushers.
With formations of just two WR, passing options were limited to zero.

Under WCO there are 5 passing options, not just a pair.

Who cares? Sparano already had it, plus we also have an entirely new offense now.

Chad is a Jet and always will be, we loaned him to you and he did a great job for a year for you before he got hurt again but he'll always be a Jet and I'm glad he is working w/ our QB and would love to se him back in some capacity w/ the organization.

Have you ever heard of ROGER STAUBACH? He didn't start immediately, either.

You ever hear of John Beck? Chris Weinke? Vaark Warner and Delhoume high round draft picks. Come pin man you are comparing apples to di
ump trucks.

Chad is a Jet and always will be, we loaned him to you and he did a great job for a year for you before he got hurt again but he'll always be a Jet and I'm glad he is working w/ our QB and would love to se him back in some capacity w/ the organization.

now that he is back with the Jets, he did a great job, but before now he was the product of a weak schedule and no tom brady

also do you not maybe take it as somewhat of a sign that they are having the definition of a conservative check down 8 yard curl route QB with a safe offense, having to help your "franchise qb" in his 4th season?

now that he is back with the Jets, he did a great job, but before now he was the product of a weak schedule and no tom brady

also do you not maybe take it as somewhat of a sign that they are having the definition of a conservative check down 8 yard curl route QB with a safe offense, having to help your "franchise qb" in his 4th season?

I love when people cannot debate me and they make things up.

Our franchise QB has been on the doorstep of the SB twice in 3 years, he's going inton a new offense- one that Chad has experience in and he's helping him adjust.

I love when people cannot debate me and they make things up.

Our franchise QB has been on the doorstep of the SB twice in 3 years, he's going inton a new offense- one that Chad has experience in and he's helping him adjust.
I congratulate your beloved team for being contenders since Ryan arrived, but I don't think you feel well by giving Mark Sanchez the franchise QB title. Jets arrived to Championship games even with Mark Sanchez, not because of Mark Sanchez.

If I can read between lines, Jets are going deep into a run first approach, because they don't trust him enough. So Sanchez must understand the tricky gallery to be useful outside of being the passer.

I think Sparano will try to get "his guy", Chad Henne, who will beat Sanchez in less than a month.

With the unceremonious way Penny was kicked to the Jersey curb in favor of an adulterous diva who liked front office personnel to pimp for him with female employees, coupled with the classless disgraceful avalanche of cheers when Chad was carted off the field injured in 07, I don't think either fanbase has the right to call him "ours."

If anything even as a hired gun on lend-lease, and despite the allegedly easy, Brady-less schedule and Noodle being consistent in beating 1 out of 4 top ten scoring Ds, he was treated with a lot more respect and appreciation in South Florida than in the swamps of Jersey. While his dinking and dunking in concert with the unfamiliar WC deserves much credit in a "feel good" year, reality set in when the Ravens, like 70% of the top D's he's faced in his career laughed at his arm and loaded 8 or more in the box, so let's not get carried away making him into the equivalent of a romantic narcocorrido!

lmao is it really that freekin bad in NY .whats next they want Henne as their starting QB a few more cast offs.WOW how the tables have turned

The tables only really can "turn" when the Dolphins actually ya know.....have a successful season.

When your still finishing behind us every year it's hard to talk about how bad things are for the Jets......as opposed to what, how good things are for you guys?

I hope Jet's fans are excited about Mr. Fist Pump leading their offense....their problem, no longer ours. :up:

The tables only really can "turn" when the Dolphins actually ya know.....have a successful season.

When your still finishing behind us every year it's hard to talk about how bad things are for the Jets......as opposed to what, how good things are for you guys?

Yeah well Jake Long made the probowl again and around these parts that is how the success of the Dolphins season is judged!

Back
Top Bottom