Forum Jump Button...relocate? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forum Jump Button...relocate?

BigDogsHunt

Prove It!
Reaction score
Mods and Site Admins:

Suggestion for next site improvement. When inside a thread can you relocate the "Forum Jump" buttom to be directly underneath and to the right of the last post of the thread...basically opposite the "Post Reply" button and under the page counter link?

This would make it very easy to find and click, without having the scroll further down the page below the quick reply section, or worse all the way back up to the top of the page, just to "jump" back to the forum main page, etc.

Hope you agree or like this suggestion :D

Mine is above the quick reply box...:tongue:

But directly opposite the post reply button, is a moderation box.....we need that right there. :evilmod:

inFINSible said:
Mine is above the quick reply box...:tongue:

But directly opposite the post reply button, is a moderation box.....we need that right there. :evilmod:

Its different for everyone? My forum jump is all the way down at the bottom just above and to the right of the sites time stamp.

What about putting it just under the Post Reply button then?

I guess we forget sometimes that the site looks a bit different for you guys. We have forum jumps all over the place. :couch:

I'll bring it up with the godfather. :aj:

WharfRat said:
well...different for staff... we have buttons, boxes and links in places that are blank for you. :wink:

you guys got button.... dam.. I never get the buttons.. :boohoo:

Muck said:
I guess we forget sometimes that the site looks a bit different for you guys. We have forum jumps all over the place. :couch:

I'll bring it up with the godfather. :aj:

So what did the GodFather think :allhail: ?

(I couldnt find a smilie of someone getting their RING kissed!)

Any chance the forum jump is located higher and closer to the last post in the thread to make it easier to jump?

BigDogsHunt said:
Mods and Site Admins:

Suggestion for next site improvement. When inside a thread can you relocate the "Forum Jump" buttom to be directly underneath and to the right of the last post of the thread...basically opposite the "Post Reply" button and under the page counter link?

This would make it very easy to find and click, without having the scroll further down the page below the quick reply section, or worse all the way back up to the top of the page, just to "jump" back to the forum main page, etc.

Hope you agree or like this suggestion :D
I requested this till I was blue in my face in the Premium lounge when we were asked about the site improvements, it was there for awhile or even just below the thread and above the reply box, I am on a tablet most of the day and scrolling with a pen is a pain in the arse. The firum jump is way toooooo low, even when I plug in an USB keyboard.

MNFINFAN said:
I requested this till I was blue in my face in the Premium lounge when we were asked about the site improvements, it was there for awhile or even just below the thread and above the reply box, I am on a tablet most of the day and scrolling with a pen is a pain in the arse. The firum jump is way toooooo low, even when I plug in an USB keyboard.

It may not be possible, bro. I did a search of the two major vBulletinboard support sites and a Google search and could not find a module or hack that would allow the foum jump to be moved to the bottom or to add an additonal forum jump down there.

Celtkin said:
It may not be possible, bro. I did a search of the two major vBulletinboard support sites and a Google search and could not find a module or hack that would allow the foum jump to be moved to the bottom or to add an additonal forum jump down there.
Did we use a different forum module before, as it used to be higher and there was a time in the trials where it was up by the posts. Weird.....

MNFINFAN said:
Did we use a different forum module before, as it used to be higher and there was a time in the trials where it was up by the posts. Weird.....

I don't know bro. It may have been a feature in an earlier build of vBulletin. We use 3.5x here and at CanesHeaven. I use 3.6 at Drunkenpuppies and used the two versions that preceeded that build. If I remember correctly, all of them have the jump function bottom of the forum page.

I will keep looking around to see if I can find anything that may work then if the Admins here want to make the change they will at least have the tools. :wink:

Celtkin said:
I don't know bro. It may have been a feature in an earlier build of vBulletin. We use 3.5x here and at CanesHeaven. I use 3.6 at Drunkenpuppies and used the two versions that preceeded that build. If I remember correctly, all of them have the jump function bottom of the forum page.

I will keep looking around to see if I can find anything that may work then if the Admins here want to make the change they will at least have the tools. :wink:

Appreciate the research, if you all figure it out it would be a huge improvement.

thanks -

Back
Top Bottom