Forum Reform | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forum Reform

Marinodominates

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Felt I had to say this after the first week of free agency.

This forum needs to improve and certain kinds of posters have to stop lowering the quality of content in here with hysterical (and I don't mean funny), inaccurate and lazy posts.

Hysterical
"The Rich Get Richer"
Please. The only thing the Jets are rich in is a history of bad losses and seasons.
Brodney Pool? You consider that enrichment? A player the Browns wouldn't even tender. Please stop posting nonsense like this. This isn't hyperbole its third grade stuff written either by a Jets fan or a guy who thinks any free agent signing is a good one.

Inaccurate
"Our front Office is So Cheap"
Really, how cheap are they? They signed the best FA defender on the first day for a lot of money. Just because they aren't jumping in on every free agent every day shouldn't lead to this incessant whining I read in here every day. Somebody was turning purple today over the fact that we didn't sign Ben Watson. Stop and think before you write. If Ben Watson was that good, why would the Pats make almost no effort to re-sign him?

Lazy
"Heard we Like Brandon Marshall, You Heard Anything, Rumors, Innuendo?"
I can almost hear the panting of the poster who wrote this. Why mislead with such a disingenuous title? Can't you just say I wish Miami would go for Marshall and here's why? That other tactic provided zero information or interesting material and led to a 16 page thread that contributed nothing to the offseason discussion.

I really don't mean to lecture but this could be such a better forum if people provided a little bit of thought into their posts. This thread is not an effort to call anybody out but I felt I had to provide specific examples of why this forum has been a major disappointment since the offseason began.

That's harsh man. You shouldn't call out specific threads. You can make a blanket statement and hope someone sees it and trys harder but you shouldn't specify.

Spamtastic
"Posters need to (enter nonsense here)"
This poster posts whiny commentary on other poster's opinions regarding the Phins rather than taking the time to develop his own original thoughts. They often end up pink and banished to the depths.

That's harsh man. You shouldn't call out specific threads. You can make a blanket statement and hope someone sees it and trys harder but you shouldn't specify.

Sometimes you have to be specific to make an honest point. Blanket statements do not work. Ask Congress.

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, I tried...in a much less civilized manner...to suggest the same thing about a year ago.

The end result, other than getting into a fight with a couple mods, was that the general consensus is "who are you to tell us how to post? We'll be as miserable as we want to be!"

And, unfortunately, they're right. They're members of the board, and they have every right to drag this forum as low as they possibly can. My solution has been to ignore the sort of poster whose general contribution to every conversation is to say something to the effect of "SEE? I TOLD YOU THIS PLAYER BLOWS!"

Since I started doing that, I've been much happier. Occasionally, I take them off ignore to see what they're up to. They don't change.

Spamtastic
"Posters need to (enter nonsense here)"
This poster posts whiny commentary on other poster's opinions regarding the Phins rather than taking the time to develop his own original thoughts. They often end up pink and banished to the depths.

Whiny or contructive criticism? I don't see enough people in here telling the real whiners ala "the FO is so cheap" that they are full of it.

Reform is hard but it makes things better. Try it out.

Whiny or contructive criticism? I don't see enough people in here telling the real whiners ala "the FO is so cheap" that they are full of it.

Yeah...this is what happens to criticism of criticism...it gets moved to the depths of the sea. Exactly what happened when I tried it.

Don't be overcritical of the overcritical. It's an odd double-standard...but it gets defended pretty sternly.

Yeah...this is what happens to criticism of criticism...it gets moved to the depths of the sea. Exactly what happened when I tried it.

Don't be overcritical of the overcritical. It's an odd double-standard...but it gets defended pretty sternly.
:boohoo:

This isn't the depths, this is spam. You want to ***** about the team, go ahead. However, bitching about other posters' expressing their opinions of the team, it ends up here or the depths, where it belongs. Deal with it.

The difference between this and the threads you are mentioning is that the topic of those threads is the fins, whereas the topics of this thread is the fans and your judgment of them.

Reform worked great. I reformed this garbage thread to spam, where it belonged.

Alright so going by your rules there would be about 5 new threads during this slow offseason, first would be the dansby thread...

Fans are allowed to talk about the dolphins and all the related subjects in the main forum, thats what it is there for. If you have an issue with this, refer to the questions and answers forum, look for the Terms of Service thread.

And btw this thread was posted in the main forum, which IS against our rules, perhaps if one was to try and change the rules they should first know them, and adhere to them. If this thread was posted in the questions and answers forum, or if you had asked a mod or admin in private, you would've gotten a warmer response.

:boohoo:

This isn't the depths, this is spam. You want to ***** about the team, go ahead. However, bitching about other posters' expressing their opinions of the team, it ends up here or the depths, where it belongs. Deal with it.

:rolleyes2:

Golly, you're right. It is in spam. I incorrectly assumed it went to the depths...well, because that's where the mod said that's where he was putting it.

If you'd like to read even more in-depth, you'll note I wasn't crying...I even said he was right.

Finally, I have dealt with it, and quite frankly, posts like yours. Negativity like that is generally outweighed by the positives of this board and posters whose insight I enjoy.

However, I'm pretty sure that I'm still allowed to VOICE AN OPINION, as long as it isn't a personal attack.

Do you have a problem with that? I anxiously await your reply.

Back
Top Bottom