Four players critical to the success of the Miami Dolphins in 2017: Offensive Edition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Four players critical to the success of the Miami Dolphins in 2017: Offensive Edition

I think there should be 4 players on both sides of the ball that will be critical. I have less worries about the offense. My primary concerns are Julius Thomas and the offensive line cohesion. On defense, its Phillips, Wake (staying healthy), Jones returning to form, Misi, Timmons and how quickly our other rookies assimilate to the defense.

Tannehill, Tannehill, Tannehill, and ... Tannehill.
If he can become the player we all think he can become, every other position should be sufficient.

Last edited:
I would say guard play is even more critical than Tunsil, we know Tunsil can get the job done...that is an elite talent who played above average out of position last season. Pouncey's health, as well as average guard play, will dictate the most for this offense.

I think it's a given if Thomas and Parker have big years we will have a top 10 offense. Cuz we know Landry and Stills will bring it. Parker and Thomas are wildcards

Pouncey and whoever the two starting guards are. If the interior oline is solid the entire offense will fall into place. If the interior struggles the offense could collapse. Tannehill, coming off his first serious injury, needs to be confident that the oline will hold up if he's going to mentally recover from the injury.

Every player is critical but there are a few unknown commodities on each side of the ball that MUST play extremely well (or step up) for us to be competitive in the AFC.

Offense
DV Parker: Must stay healthy and reach his potential
Julius Thomas: Must revert to the player he was in 2013/2014
Ted Larsen: Must prove he can be relied upon as a full time starter and not commit dumb penalties.
Mike Pouncey: Must get healthy and STAY healthy. we need 14 games from him minimum.

Defense:
Phillips: Must be the player ALL season that he was and the end of last season...and play 65% of the snaps.
Nate Allen: Must return to the player he was in 2014
WDE (Branch OR Harris). One or the other has to provide consistent pressure as well as set an edge.
Raekwon McMillan: Must establish himself as a quality starter or we revert back to Misi and his injuries.

Pouncey definitely needs to be on this list. We need him healthy majority of the season, if not all season.

The biggest factor is health and dedication to the game.
Dedicated players can play through normal pain and seasonal injuries.

Tunsil and Ajayi are more than likely going to develop into complete studs.

Tunsil was the blessing in disguise we finally got. Elite talent

Ajayi really doesn't concern me. He just runs through whatever's in his way. Wait until he has big holes to run through

And that's where Mr. Pouncey comes along..With Pouncey our Run game is almost unstoppable.

He's a top 3 center in the league but his health is concerning.

Maybe I'm too optimistic ,but I think Julius is ready now. He got his big contract and now is playing for the one coach who he knows the best and vice versa. We have a lot of options on offense.

Our 3rd receiver was getting offers to be other teams #1 lol That's respect

Parker should and I believe will turn the corner and prove he's the best receiver on the Fins.

Yes, I love Landry's greatness but there's some things Parker has that can't be taught.

Money talks and Parker is well aware. I think he has his breakout year because from what I seen, that dude can run extremely fast with long strides. If he fails, it's fully on him.

Parker does take away the other squads #1 receiver most games. That cannot be overlooked

This is a very exciting time to be a die hard. For those that always stuck, believe great things will come thanks to our stud Head Coach!!

PHINS UP!!

Back
Top Bottom