FOX gives Dolphins C- for Offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FOX gives Dolphins C- for Offseason

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The following was just posted on Fox's web site. Obviously, they weren't terribly impressed with our offseason moves.

After losing offensive coordinator Norv Turner to the Raiders — and before losing his replacement, Joel Collier, to poor health — the Dolphins revamped their offensive line. It doesn't look like much of an improvement, especially at right tackle, where Vernon Carey or John St. Clair will replace Todd Wade (Texans). Wide receiver David Boston, on the other hand, is a worthy risk. Grade: C-

id give us a b just because were taking risks, we need to stop being so conservative, on the field too, our o line cant get worse than it was last year, and these players are young and will get better, and as far as collier ans stuff i have no clue, i just hope it pans out

FinFan57 said:
The following was just posted on Fox's web site. Obviously, they weren't terribly impressed with our offseason moves.

After losing offensive coordinator Norv Turner to the Raiders  and before losing his replacement, Joel Collier, to poor health  the Dolphins revamped their offensive line. It doesn't look like much of an improvement, especially at right tackle, where Vernon Carey or John St. Clair will replace Todd Wade (Texans). Wide receiver David Boston, on the other hand, is a worthy risk. Grade: C-

I think the grade is about right. The offseason certainly wasn't a failure, but it hasn't been spectacular either.

pigskinguy said:
I think the grade is about right. The offseason certainly wasn't a failure, but it hasn't been spectacular either.

Agreed, not flashy outside of the Boston deal, but IMO very solid. I think in time this will go down as a very solid off-season. Minus all the drama of course. :)

I do have to totally disagree with their assertion that Todd Wade was as good as they are making him out to be. As far as I'm concerned it couldn't get much worse than when he was here starting at RT. That guy was an absolute joke at pass protection.

Oliver...

ohall said:
Agreed, not flashy outside of the Boston deal, but IMO very solid. I think in time this will go down as a very solid off-season. Minus all the drama of course. :)

I do have to totally disagree with their assertion that Todd Wade was as good as they are making him out to be. As far as I'm concerned it couldn't get much worse than when he was here starting at RT. That guy was an absolute joke at pass protection.

Oliver...

I hope you're right.

ohall said:

Oliver...

Yeah I still can't understand how he got that kind of jack from Houston. He simply isn't that good.

i think if our FO wasnt such a mess with everything that happened we'd have a C+/B- but w/e

im not worried as much about the OL as the OC

Just wait until 2004 then FOX can choke on the 'C-' and wish the gave us a 'B' or better

sounds about right, keep in mind the guy didn't even mention Offensive Coordinator Ron Jeremy or Ricky's bong rips

I give the fins a D for the offseason....(2003). It is not viable to grade the 2004 offseason yet, until we see these guys line up, play, and contribute....be realistic folks....Let's talk about things on a timely basis...

Rating the ownership/front office F
Rating the Draft B-(only reason is giving up that 4th round to move one spot)
Rating Wanny on personnel and player decisions C(giving the benefit of doubt with OC)
Rating the players...time will tell

I did like the move to get Boston for near to nothing. The O-Line has to be better than last years. Just the size of these guys will make it an improvement.

I think C- is a bit harsh, but I would only put the grade at around a C+ myself. C- says to me that we did slightly below average, but I think the team did slightly above average.

I will say this: If Wale doesn't get done and holds out, C- sounds just about right. Maybe they just assume that is what will happen since he doesn't have the deal yet...

I'd give the off-season a B+ without the crazy FO stuff.
-We got 2 very good coachs at problematic positions. Trestmen is a superb QB coach, and Sulliven is arguably the top WR coach in football
-OL was pathetic last year, and wade was a sub average player. I think our OL is much more talented, young and deep. Granted it may be a while before they get it together but when they do they will be very good, especially when Tosh returns. They are a very interchangable group. Carey will be very good, Jeno is superb, mckinny I believe to be good, Pape will slide inside and be a very good guard, St. Claire is so so outside and fine inside and Tosh handled JT last year even though he was on a bum ankle. Wise is a top shelf OL coach and these guys will be more than solid...hopefully sooner than later.
-WR We stole Boston and got not only a compliment to CC, but someone that CC might compliment...I like the reports out of the present camp. Behind him we are still too green. I think Newsome may emerge by the end of the year, talented with speed, but needs confidence and to believe he belongs at this level.
- QB: Hey we made an agressive move for someone our staff thinks can be the guy. Who knows how it pans out...keeps us in B category until proven otherwise
- ST was a problematic area as well and we added Bua who by all reports will be a beast and his play will spread to others. Will Poole aside from adding to DBs will also be a ST demon...he had a knack for blocking kicks in college (6 I believe) and that is somehting we have lacked, plus he tackles the football and creates a high % of turnovers. Pope if he makes the team is another that can be a very good St guy. As for returners, I am hoping this Russell kid from Iowa can bring something to the table as well.

I like the personell attitude change Rick has instilled with the addition of hungry young guys....dont forget the Jeno james and Howards that got so close and I guarantee you they are very hungry, aside from being good players.

I think our team is much more talented than last year and in key areas. Our coaching staff is much better except for the OC spot, but the position coaches in my mind are the key in getting these youngsters coached up and gelling, and I think we have top shelf position coaches to do the job. As for Wanny, I am curious to see if he has learned his lesson on being coservative or not, which is his big weakness in my mind...you play to "spank" the other team, not hold on to squeak out a victory in the end...that tells the players that we expect to be losing throughout the game. Most of the talent is there; but to me the question is: can this staff bring out the best football player in each individual in a way that makes this team just that, a TEAM? Im curious to see what happens.

i agree with larry,how can anyone grade something we have not seen yet,,,,the grades carry as much weight as the power ranking to me =0

Back
Top Bottom