Fox Sports believes O-Gun & Fiedler will return | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox Sports believes O-Gun & Fiedler will return

Its Jason Cole...he's seen the team so long he's just betting conservative.

Keeping Ogun + Fiedler = boring

Most often with this coaching staff we end up doing the boring stuff with the huge decisions like these.

Here's an idea. Why don't we trade all of our draft picks for this year and next year to Atlanta for a peach pie. And while we're at it, let's cut all of our talented offensive players(Ricky, Chambers) because they take too much money away from the defense who should recieve the entire cap. :nono:

Scary

If this is what the Dolphins really want to do then they deserve losing EVERY December!!!! I have been a Dolphins fan for 24 years and this makes me sick to my stomach!!! We need NEW ownership! Dave Wanstadt will never win a super bowl!

We need at least 3 new starters on the offensive line.
We need a new starting quarterback.
We need 2 starting calibre wide recievers.
We need a new a free safety.

Over two-thirds of our cap is spent on the defensive side of the ball, still our priority is to retain A. Ogunleye no matter what it costs! SIGH!!!!! Why don't we change our team name to Groundhog Day!!!!!!!! Here we go again!!!!

Staff Edit: you must provide a link to anything you quote here (copyright laws). That said, the link is in the first post of this thread. So all is well. Also, you cannot post entire text of an article. Rather, we suggest posting the first few lines, then leave the quote.

Finally, :welcome: aboard. Hope to see you around often.

Re: Scary

Originally posted by korl68
If this is what the Dolphins really want to do then they deserve losing EVERY December!!!! I have been a Dolphins fan for 24 years and this makes me sick to my stomach!!! We need NEW ownership! Dave Wanstadt will never win a super bowl!

We need at least 3 new starters on the offensive line.
We need a new starting quarterback.
We need 2 starting calibre wide recievers.
We need a new a free safety.

Over two-thirds of our cap is spent on the defensive side of the ball, still our priority is to retain A. Ogunleye no matter what it costs! SIGH!!!!! Why don't we change our team name to Groundhog Day!!!!!!!! Here we go again!!!!

Staff Edit: you must provide a link to anything you quote here (copyright laws). That said, the link is in the first post of this thread. So all is well. Also, you cannot post entire text of an article. Rather, we suggest posting the first few lines, then leave the quote.

Finally, :welcome: aboard. Hope to see you around often.

you see, this is what the writers intentions were in the first place. He knows people dont want fiedler and want Ogun for draft picks. the media strikes again................:evil:

As Ogun's pimp, I'll have to disagree. My biatch is worth a pretty penny, and Miami can't afford him.

Last edited by a moderator:
please, don't remind me that we took Moore instead of Calyco and Boldin.

Ozzy rules!!

I just love how most fans expect SOOOOO much. A perfect example is the post above which states all the numerous holes we have to fill, yet at the same time, they expect it all to be filled in one year's time?? I don't think so.

I think most will be in for a rude awakening, as I likely expect Fiedler to be back. He will renegotiate for a MUCH lower base salary that will have most of his money tied up in incentives... and you know what, that is not such a bad thing IMO.

We are NOT a QB away from the Super Bowl... bringing in Marc Brunell will NOT solve all our problems. I would rather use that money to start shoring up our many needs and SOON TO BE NEEDS with younger players that will be around for the long haul... pick up a young QB in the draft and let him learn behind Fiedler for a year... or even 1/2 of a year.

Also many of the people that are SOOOO quick to write off Fiedler are the same ones that make excuses for Griese. Saying that if we had a better O-line, WR's, playcalling, etc... that he would be successful. Well, if Griese was hampered by those problems, and Fiedler did BETTER with those issues, don't you think improving all those areas would also help Fiedler?? I'm not saying we should commit to Fiedler for the long haul... but replacing him at all costs is not necessary.

Fiedler at league min is ok with me, as long as we draft a QB. Oline help could just be Smith working out more and having everyone healthy. WR is something we need to look at in FA. And if we spend any time on the D, I'll just be very upset. resign who we have and that's it....

This is Fox. Take everything Fox says with multiple grains of salt.

It is scary I'm starting to believe that we will keep Fiedler I'm not real sure about OGun if we could trade up in the draft you never know what Spielman will do.

Originally posted by grooves12
I just love how most fans expect SOOOOO much. A perfect example is the post above which states all the numerous holes we have to fill, yet at the same time, they expect it all to be filled in one year's time?? I don't think so.

I think most will be in for a rude awakening, as I likely expect Fiedler to be back. He will renegotiate for a MUCH lower base salary that will have most of his money tied up in incentives... and you know what, that is not such a bad thing IMO.

We are NOT a QB away from the Super Bowl... bringing in Marc Brunell will NOT solve all our problems. I would rather use that money to start shoring up our many needs and SOON TO BE NEEDS with younger players that will be around for the long haul... pick up a young QB in the draft and let him learn behind Fiedler for a year... or even 1/2 of a year.

Also many of the people that are SOOOO quick to write off Fiedler are the same ones that make excuses for Griese. Saying that if we had a better O-line, WR's, playcalling, etc... that he would be successful. Well, if Griese was hampered by those problems, and Fiedler did BETTER with those issues, don't you think improving all those areas would also help Fiedler?? I'm not saying we should commit to Fiedler for the long haul... but replacing him at all costs is not necessary.

This post deserve its own thread.Great post all around.I really didn't want to comment on another pro or anti Fiedler post but you speak the truth.

I agree with keeping Ogunleye if we can still get offensive line help in free agency after signing him. His cap figure in the first year of a new contract isn't likely to be much bigger than the $1.7 million RFA tender we'd be giving him. The only thing you guys are all worried about with Ogun is spending more future money on the defense well think about the future a little bit.

Marion? Gone
Madison? Gone
Bowens? Gone
Seau? Gone

Three of the guys who take up big chunks of our defensive money. After that, what big defensive money are we spending?

Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, and Patrick Surtain.

I don't even think Sam Knight is under contract for 2005. And the contract that Larry Chester signed, is NOT that big. You think Morlon Greenwood or Eddie Moore have big contracts?

In the end I think people are just tired of spending money on the defense even if they don't bother to stop and try to think about how much money is set to be paid toward the defense in the future.

Overall right NOW, yes a lot of money is being given to the defense. But signing Ogunleye long term right NOW will not cost all that much, probably just about as much as his RFA tender will cost us which is to say almost $2 million. It will not be the case in the future that we have all this money being paid to the defense, as we cut the big contracts that are no longer performing.

I agree with most of what grooves said except the part about bringing back Fiedler. In 4 years he's proven we are not going to win the Super Bowl with him I think. And Griese received a one year audition and tanked it...so he is not an option either. He's no less injury prone and no more able to lead this offense than Jay Fiedler. He proved that.

I think the best thing we could do is give a shot to a young upstart who has been paying his way as a backup so far and is ready to try and start in the NFL, like Sage Rosenfels, Billy Volek, or maybe AJ Feeley if the Eagles price tag is nice and low.

Back
Top Bottom