Fox Sports believes O-Gun & Fiedler will return | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fox Sports believes O-Gun & Fiedler will return

Originally posted by grooves12
I just love how most fans expect SOOOOO much. A perfect example is the post above which states all the numerous holes we have to fill, yet at the same time, they expect it all to be filled in one year's time?? I don't think so.

I think most will be in for a rude awakening, as I likely expect Fiedler to be back. He will renegotiate for a MUCH lower base salary that will have most of his money tied up in incentives... and you know what, that is not such a bad thing IMO.

We are NOT a QB away from the Super Bowl... bringing in Marc Brunell will NOT solve all our problems. I would rather use that money to start shoring up our many needs and SOON TO BE NEEDS with younger players that will be around for the long haul... pick up a young QB in the draft and let him learn behind Fiedler for a year... or even 1/2 of a year.

Also many of the people that are SOOOO quick to write off Fiedler are the same ones that make excuses for Griese. Saying that if we had a better O-line, WR's, playcalling, etc... that he would be successful. Well, if Griese was hampered by those problems, and Fiedler did BETTER with those issues, don't you think improving all those areas would also help Fiedler?? I'm not saying we should commit to Fiedler for the long haul... but replacing him at all costs is not necessary.

Why is it that New England seems to have no problem filling all their holes in one offseason if its impossible? Damn, they fill them DURING the season. And still manage to get more draft picks than us every year. They had an established QB but drafted smart and got a better one. We needed a WR and a lineman and drafted an f'in linebacker who never played a down. Filling the holes we have can definetly be done. Whether or not we have the brains in our FO to do it is the question. I don't think we do but I sure hope I'm wrong.

I don't see how the team can get away with keeping Fiedler as the starter. The fans would revolt.

Originally posted by PhinKev
I don't see how the team can get away with keeping Fiedler as the starter. The fans would revolt.

Personally, I thought the same thing even moreso when it came to retaining Wannstedt, (and I'm sure most here did too), but we accepted it and are still here, aren't we??

Originally posted by grooves12

Personally, I thought the same thing even moreso when it came to retaining Wannstedt, (and I'm sure most here did too), but we accepted it and are still here, aren't we??

Yeah, we are. But, look at us. We are talking NFL in February. That pretty much tells you all you need to know about us.

But, the Dolphins just raised ticket prices and they con't go into another season with Wanny/Speilman and Fiedler. They have to make a move or there are going to be some blackouts.

So what are we talking about here? Its great to see all the faithfull backing Fiedler since he has been the Dolphin's starter for four years.
Maybe he has given all he has to give for the Phins, but has it been enough? Does he have the tools or the abilities to take the Dolphins to the next level? But just say for discussion, say, that he doesn't have any more to give than what he has already offered the Dolphins, where will we be next year? Will we be having this same discussion, or controversy all over again. Maybe Fiedler needs a fresh start somewhere else to revive his career. After all another bad or mediocre year in Miami could just about kill his career. It could be that Fiedler is just not a good fit in Miami as shown by his four years of inconsistancy.
Whatever Fiedler has or hasn't done in Miami it seems to me that he hasn't been the leader that this offense or this team needs to get the Dolphins headed in the right direction.
I think it is time to move on and make the hard decisions that must be made. But that is just my opinion.

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2

Why is it that New England seems to have no problem filling all their holes in one offseason if its impossible? Damn, they fill them DURING the season. And still manage to get more draft picks than us every year. They had an established QB but drafted smart and got a better one. We needed a WR and a lineman and drafted an f'in linebacker who never played a down. Filling the holes we have can definetly be done. Whether or not we have the brains in our FO to do it is the question. I don't think we do but I sure hope I'm wrong.

The only way to fill many holes is to use no names. That is fine with me and is probably what Miami will do. The problem is that people will complain that these players aren't "proven". Further, they will have to wait til later in FA so people will complain that they aren't doing anything. Also, sometimes the cheaper option will be unpopular, like Fiedler. He would make a fantastic backup, if his salary is cut. If there is no upgrade available then he'll probably start til the QB of the future gets up to speed. Of course, people will complain...alot like this thread even if it ends up being the best decision.

Coincidently, NE has the lowest % of players they drafted currently on their team (over the last 5 years). They have done well in FA but not in the draft. People think do well in the draft b/c they hit it big with Brady, but in general no. Yet, people will complain that their team doesn't draft as well as NE even though every team in the NFL has hit on and retained more picks than NE.

Originally posted by OneHondo
Whatever Fiedler has or hasn't done in Miami it seems to me that he hasn't been the leader that this offense or this team needs to get the Dolphins headed in the right direction.

however limited fiedler is physically, being a leader is not where he is lacking. It was mostly his leadership that has kept him starting for 4 years here. you need to look no further then the washington game this year when he came in for griese and led them to the win.

Fiedler is lacking in alot of areas but leadership and heart are his strong points. However, the only way i wouldn't mind him coming back next year is at a very reduced salary and either as a backup or the starter with Rivers or Henson behind him.

Back
Top Bottom