FOX Sports' Mock Draft...Roethlisberger falls out of Top Ten | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FOX Sports' Mock Draft...Roethlisberger falls out of Top Ten

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2224926

This is a mock draft thats on the weirder side. They have Roethlisberger falling all the way to #13 where he becomes a Buffalo Bill.

They have Rivers falling all the way to #30 where he becomes a Chief, and us taking Vernon Carey at #20.

If we take Vernon Carey with guys like Lee Evans, Mike Clayton, Rashaun Woods, Jonathon Vilma, and of course Phil Rivers left on the board....

I think I would sick up on the spot.

I hate these darn mock drafts. There must be 100 of them and each one has us picking someone else.

My guess is these things "might" be a bit more accurate once FA is completely over and you can really evaluate where teams are.

I agree w/ you CW...I think we can get OL later oin the draft, lets get a QB or WR.

Not to mention there will be a ton of trades on draft day, so it's impossible for mock drafts to be accurate.

With Miami on the clock, in that situation, the best player available is Philip Rivers with Vilma the 2nd best.

I personally hope Dunta Robinson and Randy Starks would fall further down for Miami to grab one of them.

C.K., I'm really hoping for Rivers. I assume you are too. Last time we drafted a great Q.B. it was Dan Marino and looking back I have to say he worked out pretty well. I'm very optimistic regarding A.J. but I'd love to see us grooming a real Top Gun for the future.

Read up at ESPN today, i'll try to find a link. It said don't be surprised if Rivers goes above Roth. Don't think I agree, but we have to shop O-gun tnow...if we could get a mid-teen pick, we get Rivers or Roth, too much to pass up if we solidify our line after getting Boston.

i think after the senior bowl everyone has been riding rivers. I woudn't draft him. if we get boston i rather draft carey or a OT.

Originally posted by fellows
i think after the senior bowl everyone has been riding rivers. I woudn't draft him. if we get boston i rather draft carey or a OT.

I only agree if

1. We only have one pick

or

2. We don't address the line need more.

Both of which I think won't be the case. If we have 2 picks in the first I have to say 100% QB.

Mock drafts are never right. There's always at least one trade that throws things out of wack. Someone will trade up to draft Roethlisberger.

"This week, not much has changed at the top as Pitt's Larry Fitzgerald holds on to the top spot for the second straight week. Certainly the ongoing trade talks involving Chargers WR David Boston play into Fitzgerald's hands here.

But an interesting by-product of Fitzgerald grabbing the top spot from Mississippi QB Eli Manning is that projected Top 5 QB Ben Roethlisberger has fallen out of the Top 10 altogether. Many of the teams below Arizona in the first round already have franchise QBs (Lions with Joey Harrington, Falcons with Michael Vick) or just acquired new ones (Mark Brunell to the Redskins, Jeff Garcia to the Browns)."

This is what I've been hearing on the west coast for weeks. There is a pretty good chance Big Ben and Rivers are going to be this years slide guys in round 1.

Dallas will not be drafting a QB now.....Buffalo may or may not. Either way a very good QB will be at 20 overall. Carey will also be there and likely Wr Woods.

I hope we fill our OL needs up in FA and after round 1...I want Round one for our future QB.....Big Ben if he slides that far (I can't imagine it happening, but they always do have someone slide... or Rivers who i expect to be at 20)

Funny that our trading for Boston could actually be the start of a Big Ben and Rivers slide that could push us a future star QB.

every mock draft will change 100 times before draft day.They don't mean anything at all and are there just for fun.

Ozzy rules!!

I currently have Roethlisberger going 11 to Pittsburgh but I know that's not going to happen. Someone will trade up for him, hopefully it's not Buffalo.

Back
Top Bottom