FOXSPORTS gives dolphins C- in tuning up article... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FOXSPORTS gives dolphins C- in tuning up article...

feelthepain said:
I think the Jills are graded too high!!

Bills: Two of the Bills' best linemen, Jonas Jennings and Pat Williams, departed, and unproven J.P. Losman is the new quarterback. Grade: D+

:lol: :lol:

What a ridiculous assesment of the season. He has the BEARS first? With that terrible QB and calls BENSON another WEAPON? What a ******! Yet Brown can't be called another weapon? What a ******!

NJFinFury2004 said:
What a ridiculous assesment of the season. He has the BEARS first? With that terrible QB and calls BENSON another WEAPON? What a ******! Yet Brown can't be called another weapon? What a ******!

it's how well the team advanced...not that they are going to be the best team in the NFL... :lol:

Maybe if this person did a little research maybe he wouldnt say that these two qb's do not look like Fiedler.

Fiedler wouldn't able to even throw a deep ball to Randy Moss like Frerotte did or have the release that Feeley does. Time to raise the BS flag.

jcaponio said:
I think this is the same as the Sporting News article that was posted about a week back.

It is. FOX runs the Sporting News now. This makes it a bit anticlimatic when I read the article online, then get the same article in the print issue mailed to me a few days later.

I'll note that my subscription to TSN was free, lest you all think I'm a total moron.

I sent the guy some feedback on his article...
I feel this article by Phil Barber shows he is uninformed in a few areas. First off with the fins, AJ and Gus looks like Jay?? AJ and Gus have very strong arms with decent accuracy. Jay couldnt throw a long ball to save his life. And yeah, the secondary did regress. But Travis Daniels, who is more likely than howard to takeover is a big, smart football player. He isnt by any means Pat Surtain, but he is, in my opinion, as good as or better than the likes of Randall Gay, who did an exceptional job last year for the Pats. And Tebucky Jones is a run stoping strong safety. He isnt the ball hawk that Knight was but he will definitly help support the run. Other things you forgot to metion about the dolphins are some free agent aquisitions. Now with Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holliday, Matt Roth and Keith Traylor added to Jason Taylor, Larry Chester, David Bowens and Jeff Zgonia they now have one of the deepest, and most talented D-lines in football. You also forgot to mention how they aquired RT Stockar McDougle. He is a very good player and will help out the line. And perhaps the 3 biggest aquisitions would be Saban, Houck, and Linehan. Houck will do wonders for the Dolphin's O-line as he is arguably the best O-line coach in football.

The other thing i disagree on is the high rankings of the chiefs. Yes they did improve their defense, but not to the extent that you think. Kendrell Bell is inconsistant and is known to have injury problems,the DB's they got from Miami will help but they do not give the chiefs an advantage they simply allow the chiefs to even compete with the dominant receivers of the AFC west. Carlos Hall is a decent pass rusher at best and will only be a marginal upgrade if any over Vonnie Holliday. And Derrick Johnson. Yes he has the potential to be something very special. But his first year you cant consider him a threat. In college he over powered people forcing them down, now in the NFL everyone is up to par in strength and he will have to learn the technique of tackling. Besides what vet in KC is there to help push along his learning process? To put it simply KC has needs still, their WR corps could still use some help. They are still thin at CB. And there additions on defense, while they will be helpful, they wont do miracles. I think you have overrated their offseason. But then again this is all speculation, and you are entitled to your opinion as i am mine. I just wanted to let you know that we happen to have pretty different opinions.

Back
Top Bottom