Fractured Pinky... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fractured Pinky...

Rob hoffman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey, I have a legit question here. Has anyone had a fractured pinky that requires a sling? I was reading a training camp report that said Konrad came to practice with a cast and a sling...
I've heard of a cast for a broken finger...but a sling?

I really have no idea...could someone shed some light on this?

Originally posted by Rob hoffman
Hey, I have a legit question here. Has anyone had a fractured pinky that requires a sling? I was reading a training camp report that said Konrad came to practice with a cast and a sling...
I've heard of a cast for a broken finger...but a sling?

I really have no idea...could someone shed some light on this?

I broke two fingers once, and was put in a sling to keep me from reaching for anything with the hand.

So it makes sense to me.

That's what I am looking for...

Emskirch...where do they attach the sling...like with an arm injury...the arm just lays in the sling...

its hard for me to picture.

Re: That's what I am looking for...

Originally posted by Rob hoffman
Emskirch...where do they attach the sling...like with an arm injury...the arm just lays in the sling...

its hard for me to picture.

Yes, I did not see Konrad's sling, so, honestly I don't know what or how he was wearing it.

My sling was a sling that you would wear if you broke your arm.

It makes sense, your natural instinct to reach for things. The sling makes that move pretty hard.

AHH so they don't just put the pinky in a sling, they put your whole arm in a sling to keep you from using you hand at all... I get it <-DUH!

It also helps to prevent re-injury if someone that's walking by you inadverantly brushes your arm. How many times in a crowd does that happen?

I fractured my middle finger one time in 6th grade playing football.. I didn't need no damn sling.. Konrad is basically being babied right now.. fractured pinky is really nothing unless you let yourself think it is..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
I fractured my middle finger one time in 6th grade playing football.. I didn't need no damn sling.. Konrad is basically being babied right now.. fractured pinky is really nothing unless you let yourself think it is..

Hank on QAM just said the docs are saying Konrad is out the rest of the preseason. Hank said he talked to Wanny this a.m., and Wanny expects Konrad back out on the field next week.

I agree Rude, but thats what hey did with me, I did it playing a game, and believe it or not, I grabbed a face mask, lol, and got away without a call, also, saved the qb from being smashed.

It helps the healing alot better being stable. With all these injuries I wished they babied all of them.

And just how much money were they paying you to play 6th grade football?:rolleyes:

Try to find the point of a post..

Let me splain it to you ricky...

What FairBanks is saying is they didn't put your finger in a sling as a child because they wouldn't have wasted millions of dollars on you if you were to reinjure it and be unable to play for the rest of the year..

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
It also helps to prevent re-injury if someone that's walking by you inadverantly brushes your arm. How many times in a crowd does that happen?

This should pretty much close the topic. Especially from someone who works in a hospital.

Back
Top Bottom