Fractured Pinky... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fractured Pinky...

i fractured a pinky playing football and ended up with a bone spur that required surgery. they gave me a sling to keep my from knocking it into stuff, but i didn't have to have it long. and yeah, a fractured pinky is nothing unless you plan on using your hands later in life. i'm a musician, and that finger still presents a problem. it's wrapped in athletic tape right now and it will be bent at a gross angle for the rest of my life. it also swells up every day. at least i can still use it and it has strength. it was about a month before i even touched a football after surgery. i hope they baby konrad a little, because that injury can affect the way he catches and carries the ball.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
I fractured my middle finger one time in 6th grade playing football.. I didn't need no damn sling.. Konrad is basically being babied right now.. fractured pinky is really nothing unless you let yourself think it is..

Just wondering... did they insert a pin into your finger when you broke it?

A broken finger is different.. Thats when a pin is needed.. all they gave me was a little device to straighten my middle finger out and kepp it that way.. The sling is overcautious..

A broken finger is different.. Thats when a pin is needed.. all they gave me was a little device to straighten my middle finger out and kepp it that way.. The sling is overcautious..

My point was... I think that they did in fact insert a pin into Konrad's pinky.. I may be wrong.. but I thought I saw that somewhere...
besides, since he is a starter, who is paid a lot of money to handle the football, (catch and carry), and needs to be able to hold on to it... why would you not be overcautious?

With my first post... the point was that Konrads injury is not serious.. The sling and everything is extreme to the point where people start panicking..

With my first post... the point was that Konrads injury is not serious.. The sling and everything is extreme to the point where people start panicking..

:smackhead Doh!

My bad... sorry! :D

So soon after surgery, the doctors may want to keep it slightly elevated to prohibit swelling.....right clump?

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wuss, I am typing with a broken arm right now! I don't even have a cast on. A steel bar fell about 16 feet and landed square on my right forearm. I kept working for another 6 hours finishing up a 12 hour day.

OK, OK, so it isn't BROKEN, per say. But it did leave a huge gash on my arm... Oh alright, replace "huge gash," with quarter size bruise. Also replace "12 hour day" with, ran screaming from work 20 seconds after it happened. I suck. :(

Originally posted by Samphin
What a wuss, I am typing with a broken arm right now! I don't even have a cast on. A steel bar fell about 16 feet and landed square on my right forearm. I kept working for another 6 hours finishing up a 12 hour day.

OK, OK, so it isn't BROKEN, per say. But it did leave a huge gash on my arm... Oh alright, replace "huge gash," with quarter size bruise. Also replace "12 hour day" with, ran screaming from work 20 seconds after it happened. I suck. :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet circulation has something to do with it also. A fractured finger surgically repaired might throb less in a sling.

:splat: :roflmao:

:spit: :lolcry:

Back
Top Bottom