Franchise Landry is the right move. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Franchise Landry is the right move.

IDK, kicking the can down the road like the Suh contract. I don’t see somebody paying Laundry 16 million per year. I love Laundry just wish he would lower his demands to 12 a year. That is still generational wealth if he is prudent.

No way I give him 16 million a year. Nor is it essential that he be resigned, especially not for just a year. Why? So the team finishes 8-8 instead of 6-10? No thanks. We have plenty of cap problems; don’t need Landry to be one.

That is such a weak argument. He played for what his contract said he should be paid. The players signed the CBA - they have to live with it.
It's not an argument. It's my personal opinion. He was vastly underpaid his first four seasons, we can overpay in 2018 if necessary if we want to retain him.

That is such a weak argument. He played for what his contract said he should be paid. The players signed the CBA - they have to live with it.
Agreed so you should be willing to pay what the current market to resign Jarvis and live it. I am sure if Jarvis got hurt last year thus lowering his current value few of our fans would be shedding a tear right now for the guy.

Agreed so you should be willing to pay what the current market to resign Jarvis and live it. I am sure if Jarvis got hurt last year thus lowering his current value few of our fans would be shedding a tear right now for the guy.

And that's the question at the bottom of all these threads . . . What is the current market price. In the NFL, there may be 32 different answers. All these posts of $10mm or $16mm yr are guesses. The only current market price that matters is Miami's. How can they GET the best value?

And that's the question at the bottom of all these threads . . . What is the current market price. In the NFL, there may be 32 different answers. All these posts of $10mm or $16mm yr are guesses. The only current market price that matters is Miami's. How can they GET the best value?

It's worse than that.

Owners are in constant need (read: greedy) and always looking for new and better marketing gimmick to convince their fans to fill their seats. So, they pretend/convince themselves they are just a piece or two away and force a 'win now' mentality (a.k.a. fear) on their FO. If you think your $7,000,000 a year HC job is on the line, you don't so no, you tell them "I need $40M for these X players".

So, some team or 3 out there will look at the market and then mortgage their future with big time future dead money so they can buy whatever they think they are missing. Maybe they are right, but more often than not, they are wrong.

Landry is going to make someone very, very happy..... for 1/2 a season. Landry is going to be a very, very wealthy man (an no reason he shouldn't with his god given talent).

Before Drake got some playing time, the only offensive threats were 3 receivers. With the emergence of Drake as a receiver, more use of a TE, and cheap slot receivers on the roster, is Landry's production replaceble?
If Landry was used as an outside receiver I would be willing to pay much more than what a slot receiver gets. Just like left tackles get paid more than right tackles.
I get the feeling Miami realizes there is a good chance Landry won't be back and has a plan b.

Before Drake got some playing time, the only offensive threats were 3 receivers. With the emergence of Drake as a receiver, more use of a TE, and cheap slot receivers on the roster, is Landry's production replaceble?
If Landry was used as an outside receiver I would be willing to pay much more than what a slot receiver gets. Just like left tackles get paid more than right tackles.
I get the feeling Miami realizes there is a good chance Landry won't be back and has a plan b.
Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Get an X to replace parker. Calvin Ridley???

Only Miami would let the heart and soul of their team walk - yup...NICE

transition tag him and see who bites, and atleast we can match

What's going on with this thread is exactly what's wrong with the Dolphins. This kind of thinking is what made a DT get over 20 mill a year. This kind of thinking got us horrible deals with Branch and Kiko and Timmons.....this kind of thinking got us TWO SS but no FS when we can't cover a TE and now people think we should give a slot WR 16 mill a freaking year. No wonder things never change.....lol

Ozzy rules!!

What's going on with this thread is exactly what's wrong with the Dolphins. This kind of thinking is what made a DT get over 20 mill a year. This kind of thinking got us horrible deals with Branch and Kiko and Timmons.....this kind of thinking got us TWO SS but no FS when we can't cover a TE and now people think we should give a slot WR 16 mill a freaking year. No wonder things never change.....lol

Ozzy rules!!
The hilarious thing is that people will specifically cite all of these bad contracts that have basically put the Dolphins in the position that they’re in, and then whine that Landry should be overpaid too. Because that will help. :wall

Back
Top Bottom