"Franchise tag in play for Dolphins’ Sean Smith" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Franchise tag in play for Dolphins’ Sean Smith"

No, he doesn't.

If he made the open market, I bet he gets paid like Cortland Finnegan.

This team has to be about keeping its talent not giving it away. Who do you presume the Fins replace him with?

Again, he DOES qualify as a quality corner.

If he made the open market, I bet he gets paid like Cortland Finnegan.

This team has to be about keeping its talent not giving it away. Who do you presume the Fins replace him with?

Again, he DOES qualify as a quality corner.

:lol: Smith can't hold Finnegan's jock strap. Literally. He would drop it.

I do love the "who do you replace him with" line that is used anytime it's believed a player can walk, even if that player absolutely sucks. It's the weakest argument in the book. If you like, I can post a list of available FA CBs...

Now, Smith doesn't "absolutely suck," he is at least serviceable, but worth a tag? Dear god no. Either resign him to a reasonable contract that you'd pay any other mediocre (at best) CB, sign one of the many free agent CBs that are at the very least his equivalent, and/or draft another CB (something that should be done anyways).

Seriously, I can't believe you compared him to Finnegan.

I'm disgusted with the way Ireland handled business with Marshall and Patterson! After Smith gets his fat contract you would think we have top secondary with the way they're being paid its effin ridiculous! Man I swear its like we;re always moving one step forward and two steps back.

Back
Top Bottom