Franchise Tag Info | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Franchise Tag Info

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Tougher-Game-of-Tag.html

This article above and Jason LaConfora just reported that the franchise tags are not as expensive as last year. Basically, it is not calculated the same. It is calculated over five years not the previous year if I understand it correctly.

Therefore, it could be hard to get a big time FA target, but perhaps retaining Paul Soliai for another year is a possibility.

They'll have to pay P. Soliai about $15 million if they Franchise him again....

I very much recommend reading the articles pasted on the thread. There will be a ton of misinformation on this site I am sure once FA starts.

No way Mario hits FA now.

Agreed. Under the old rules it was cost-prohibitative. However, you are dead on with that assessment.

Free agency could be really picked over by the time it commences.

Agreed. Under the old rules it was cost-prohibitative. However, you are dead on with that assessment.

Free agency could be really picked over by the time it commences.

Yeah no doubt about that. Teams are going to be more willing to apply those tags...but it will be interesting to see if it causes any holdouts or anything of that sort if some of these players are making less with the tags than what they think they could get on the open market.

Yeah no doubt about that. Teams are going to be more willing to apply those tags...but it will be interesting to see if it causes any holdouts or anything of that sort if some of these players are making less with the tags than what they think they could get on the open market.

Yes. LaConfora said the same thing on the pregame this morning. Forte could be franchised for say 9 million, but his peers are getting 25 million guaranteed over the life of the contract. Why play if you are him?

I think we should retain Sparano and tag Henne! That oughta make Finheaven awesome for 2012!

Back
Top Bottom