Freddy Adu Signs With Dc United!!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Freddy Adu Signs With Dc United!!!!!!!

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=283610&cc=5901

This is HUGE! I think this was the best move for Freddy, and here is why.

1) If he signed with a European club, he would play with the U-19s for years. He wouldn't see the senior squad for years. In MLS, he will start. He will go up against professionals, against guys who have played in the World Cup. MLS is stronger than the U-19s in England.

2) This increases Freddy Adu's chances of playing in the 2006 World Cup. If he signed with Man United, he would never see the field at Old Trafford. Now, he will be playing professional ball at 14. By 2006, he will already have 2 full years of MLS experience.

3) MLS and soccer in America in general will benefit a lot from this. Having a 14 year old professional will attract people to the sport. People will gain interest in soccer. Also, since Freddy signed a 6 year deal, there is a good chance that a European club will spend a lot of money on a transfer fee, which will help MLS financially.

4) Freddy will now be closer to home. His mom lives in Maryland. He won't be in a place he isn't familiar with.

Overall, I just think this is great. I am happy that Freddy chose to sign with the MLS.

Yes I saw this too. This is good news for the US Soccer and MLS. Very good to see he signed. Cannot wait to see ihm play on a weekly basis. But hey, don't be surprised If in the next 4-5 years you saw a Brazilian Forward named Leo Souza appear on the soccer scene.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Yes I saw this too. This is good news for the US Soccer and MLS. Very good to see he signed. Cannot wait to see ihm play on a weekly basis. But hey, don't be surprised If in the next 4-5 years you saw a Brazilian Forward named Leo Souza appear on the soccer scene.

I know, I can't wait to see him play. I am going to get tickets for his first game up here in NY when DC United play the MetroStars. I heard he will miss the beginning of the MLS season to finish up HS but he is on course to graduate in May (he is on an accelerated program) so he will only miss 2 months tops.

Don't forget about Leo Souza...he will be a future star in the MLS. He plays for my High School Team....very good..me and him are mad straight. From what I heard he had a contracted offered to him for MLS but denied it so he could go to college. He is gangsta too. The new generation of soccer :D

Don't forget about Leo Souza...he will be a future star in the MLS. He plays for my High School Team....very good..me and him are mad straight. From what I heard he had a contracted offered to him for MLS but denied it so he could go to college. He is gangsta too. The new generation of soccer :D

Please no 'ganstas' to MLS. We don't need stadiums turning into the Orange Bowl when the Hurricanes play football with a bunch of wanna-be thugs who don't go to UM or any college but make themselves feel better by rooting for UM to pretend so. Please, no.

By the way, I thought Freddy signed with Manchester United? Does his signature somewhere in England mean anything to anyone? I wonder how much money DC is going to pay him. Probably not 4 million he would have got with Man U. Anyways, its great he's staying in USA for a while. But the one thing I worry about is if Freddy will be worn out by the time he hits 18 years old, I've seen it happen and I fear that is going to happen with Fred. But nonetheless I would like to see him in WC 2006. That would be too fresh. What are his realistic chances, is there an age minimum?

Hey...Donovan tried growin a blow out earlier this year and have you not seen DaMarcus Beasley's long *** chain with it's charm? It is the new soccer player. The Gangsta Soccer Player :lol: :D

Originally posted by Dolfan02
By the way, I thought Freddy signed with Manchester United? Does his signature somewhere in England mean anything to anyone? I wonder how much money DC is going to pay him. Probably not 4 million he would have got with Man U. Anyways, its great he's staying in USA for a while. But the one thing I worry about is if Freddy will be worn out by the time he hits 18 years old, I've seen it happen and I fear that is going to happen with Fred. But nonetheless I would like to see him in WC 2006. That would be too fresh. What are his realistic chances, is there an age minimum?

He never signed with anyone in England. There were rumors about him going to Man United and Chelsea, but it never happened.

MLS has a maximum salary of 375K I believe, so we know Freddy won't make as much as he would have if he went to Chelsea. Chelsea is the club who offered him a million a year, not Manchester United.

There is no age minimum at the World Cup, and if he plays in MLS for 2 years (which he will), there is a very good chance that he plays in the 2006 World Cup.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

He never signed with anyone in England. There were rumors about him going to Man United and Chelsea, but it never happened.

MLS has a maximum salary of 375K I believe, so we know Freddy won't make as much as he would have if he went to Chelsea. Chelsea is the club who offered him a million a year, not Manchester United.

There is no age minimum at the World Cup, and if he plays in MLS for 2 years (which he will), there is a very good chance that he plays in the 2006 World Cup.

Now for the real question: which agency do you work for? :jk:

Ice, Freddy Adu will most likely play two years in MLS, and will be lucky If he makes USA Squad for WC in 2006. Even If he does, he will not play unless we are leadin 5-0 with 20 mins remaining and we have a sub or two left. If indeed he does get picked by the USA, It will just be to see how a World Cup is and to gain experience but he will have limited if any playing time.

Ice, Freddy Adu will most likely play two years in MLS, and will be lucky If he makes USA Squad for WC in 2006. Even If he does, he will not play unless we are leadin 5-0 with 20 mins remaining and we have a sub or two left. If indeed he does get picked by the USA, It will just be to see how a World Cup is and to gain experience but he will have limited if any playing time.

Adu ripped an MLS defense apart when he was 12. He scored 6 goals in the U-17 World Cup at 13. He is going to play in the U-20 World Cup. Your expectations for Adu are very low. He is expected to play in the 2006 World Cup, and while he probably won't start, he could play an important role.

It wouldn't be the first time a 17 year old played in the World Cup.

I just heard Freddy Adu's 1st game with DC United will be televised NATIONALLY in April.

That means probably ABC will show it.

Can't wait! I would love to go to the game.

Yeah, I heard Adu's first game will be on ABC. The only MLS game they ever show on ABC is the MLS Cup (which is on Sunday by the way).

Mark my words...Adu will not be playing much if at all in the 2006 world cup.

Back
Top Bottom