Free agency fallout New Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free agency fallout New Mock Draft

KingCrowder

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
This Mock has us taking Johnathan Joseph. I haven't really heard anything about him and I've never seen him play. Anyone have any insight on him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiJZpTKhWL2fHaDzvhFnbkhDubYF?slug=cr-mockdraft031506&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

mia-1.gif
16. Miami Dolphins – Johnathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina. This might be a tad high, but the Dolphins have addressed many of their major needs in some way via free agency. A glaring hole still remains at cornerback, where Miami needs a starter. Joseph might have put up the best overall performance by a cornerback at the combine. Scouts view him as a player with a ton of untapped potential. After transferring from junior college, an injury limited him to only one season with the Game****s, but he was one of the SEC's best defensive players.

His stock has been soaring lately. Great potential, amazing speed, not a whole lot of experience though. I'd say he's a bit of a reach at 16. I was thinking of him as a good pick for us in the 2nd but now that we don't have it, guess not.

Finfan14 said:
we are not going DB in the first.
why not? safety is still a weak position for us, I don't think we go CB but we should look to go safety

and we should go BPA, we can't be satisfied with having a good team. to be a great team you need good depth at every position

depending on the LB situation, I see us going S, LB, or OL in the first. Those are biggest needs

nick1 said:
why not? safety is still a weak position for us, I don't think we go CB but we should look to go safety

I totally agree Nick. S would help our secondary big time. We could use a ball hawk back there

Yeah we could definitely use a good FS like Simpson.

KingCrowder said:
This Mock has us taking Johnathan Joseph. I haven't really heard anything about him and I've never seen him play. Anyone have any insight on him?

I believe he was one of the fastest db in the combine second only to T. Hill, but much bigger and taller.

If Jason Allen keeps rising, he may end up being a good pick at 16, and would hopefully lock down the safety position

This pick was made BEFORE we signed Allen so we are not going CB now. I really like Ko Simpson and he would be a great fit in our Defense. I would trade down even if that mean losing Ko Simpson. However trading down and picking him up is a dream situation

WPBtoRNOFinFan said:
Darnell Bing in the first would be a reach but a good choice

Bing would be the last guy I would like at S. Very over rated. He is more of a second round pick anyway

Back
Top Bottom