Free Agent OL....Off Season Moves | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent OL....Off Season Moves

MDolphins2003

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The following is a list of possible free agents. Some will never even make it to the market. The Phins will have their chance to get Ricky a Line that can showcase his talents.

Offensive Tackles:

Orlando Brown - Baltimore
Mike Gandy - Chicago (RFA)
Blake Brockermeyer - Denver
Chad Clifton - Green Bay
Greg Randall - Houston
Ryan Diem - Indianapolis (RFA)
John Tait - Kansas City
Todd Wade - Miami
Kareem McKenzie - New York Jets (RFA)
Spencer Folau - New Orleans
Damion McIntosh - San Diego
Solomon Page - San Diego
Walter Jones - Seattle

I Would Sign: (One Of These Guys)
Orlando Pace - St. Louis (Chances Are No Due To His $$$)
John Tait - Kansas City (Might Just Be In Aqua Next Season)
Damion McIntosh - San Diego (Should have a good chance)
Solomon Page - San Diego (Should have a good chance)

Offensive Guards:

Roberto Garza - Atlanta (RFA)
Marques Sullivan - Buffalo (RFA),
Bennie Anderson - Baltimore (RFA)
Kevin Donnalley - Carolina
Jeno James - Carolina
Chris Villarrial - Chicago
Ray Brown - Detroit
Eric Beverly - Detroit
Rick DeMulling - Indianapolis (RFA)
Jamie Nails - Miami
Lewis Kelly - Minnesota
Everett Lindsay - Minnesota
J.P. Machado - New York Jets
Matt Stinchcomb - Oakland
Bobbie Williams - Philadelphia
Kelvin Garmon - San Diego
Adam Timmerman - St. Louis
Cosey Coleman - Tampa Bay

I Would look to the Draft for Guards and resign Jamie Nails.

Centers:

Mike Flynn - Baltimore
Shaun O'Hara - Cleveland
Brad Meester - Jacksonville
Mike Compton - New England
Damien Woody - New England
Chris Bober - New York Giants

I Would Sign:
Damien Woody - New England (Give Him The Money. He can play C/G. With the problems the Phins have had it would be smart to sign a really good Lineman. One that can play another position at almost the same level of play.

The Bottom Line:
LT ~ Wade Smith
LG ~ Jamie Nails or 3rd round Draft Pick
C ~ Damien Woody or Seth McKinney
RG ~ Rookie Draft Pick 3rd round or Damien Woody
RT ~ Solomon Page

That would give Ricky some Mack Truck Holes...lol
But Woody is going to be HARD to get. He will cost big bucks. But he would do more for the Phins than J. Tait.

Chances of any of this happening .00000001%...lol
Cost of any of this happening $$$$$$...(More than I have..lol)
Ricky Williams scoring his 3rd TD in the SB......PRICELESS!!!

I really think we should look into bulking up our line and making it more of a road grading line.

I particularly think we need to make changes at C/RG/RT.

Clifton, Wade, mcintosh, and page and Tait are pretty good choices, orlando brown maybe, if he can control himself. as for guards, i'd stick with nails and maybe sign bennie anderson from the ravens.

no love walter jones? he's a monster run blocker...

I like Walter Jones...Pace is great but IMO he's more of a pass blocker.

John Tait would be my choice for a RT.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens!!!

also i'm not sold on Damien Woody anymore. his ACL injury would scare me if i'm GM. i don't want a jamie nails like season with another guard coming off of injury. besides he played with BC, and now NE. i think he wants to stay put in his town.

I say we draft Olinemen. forget FA, we cant afford it. Tait/Pace ect. will cost big. any FA will cost and lets face it, we arent even near under the cap. its not cap hell, but we will not be able to afford guys like this and get more than two or three of them. its rediculous to think this way every day just to have your bubble burst in flames.

Spielmans M.O. is to find guys who are unknowns. Guys in their 4th/5th years who have developed but havent been given the chance to play full time yet.

Here is the direction i would be thinking.

Let teams vie for Brunell and see what his asking price is. He will be too much for us once FA starts IMO and we will be thinking of our rookie. And Jay Fiedler could still be a fin, dont go thinking Dan is against Jay because if Jay restructures, dan will be thinking about his rookie in the future, not jay, but jay knows this offense and he wins games. Huiznega wants to win games now. it is safe that way.
Dont be thinking we are going for all these high priced FA and that we will be dishing off Ogun. I think the front office is thinking keep Ogun at all costs and forget the draft picks because they find guys 3/4/5th rounds just as well.

I think we will be restructuring contracts like no tommorrow and cutting guys like Ruddy, Mcnight, Marion, Griese. We still have to resign Nails, Greenwood, and possibly D Bowens if Ogun were to go.
If they dont cut Thompson in the first month, expect him to be back with a new Recievers coach.

I hate to burst all yalls bubbles, but we wont be playing ball like you think we will be.

You have to put yourself in Spielmans shoes and try to think like he has been doing things in years past. He will be looking for the next Ogun. The next Jamie Nails. The next Todd Wade (good pick for 2nd rd.) the next Chris Chambers (not the biggest WR's on the board). The next 5th round steal. The next Billy Yates. you get the drift? He wont be looking for all these high priced free agents. it is how we have survived over the years with cap probs.

#1 miami can easily find a way to get around 15 mill. if i can figure it out, i'm sure RS can.

#2 The team is gonna go after somoene big on the line... this is DW last year to do something. he nor spielman are gonna dick around.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
#1 miami can easily find a way to get around 15 mill. if i can figure it out, i'm sure RS can.

#2 The team is gonna go after somoene big on the line... this is DW last year to do something. he nor spielman are gonna dick around.

I do not disagree with that at all. what i am basically saying is, if we do get a high price free agent stud at OT or QB, we probably wont be getting much else as far as big names.

I would not be suprised to see us re-sign Wade just because that is what we always seem to do: choose our own players over FAs. Also, there are several other OT like Tait, W Jone and Pace that will likely be way out of our price range. Wade may even be out of price range, but I do not see that happening. I w/also not expect us to get for a RFA either since we would have no money left after signing Wade. Nails s/b better in 2004 since he had more time to recover so he s/b back as well.

The Bottom Line:
LT ~ Wade Smith
LG ~ Jamie Nails or 2004 Rookie Draft Pick or one of Yates/Whitley/Jerman
C ~ Seth McKinney
RG ~ 2004 Rookie Draft Pick or one of Yates/Whitley/Jerman
RT ~ Todd Wade

Miami is not in CAP HELL....lol

A few cuts and redo a contract will free up more than enough.

The Phins will improve the OL this season. It does not matter if they get Eli, Jay, Mark or Kurt. Without a good line RICKY will not win them games. Miami is not looking for a QB to come in and win it all for them. They are looking for a QB that can be given enough time to make good choices when throwing down the field.

THE PHINS WILL HAVE A GOOD LINE NEXT SEASON.
Run Ricky Run!!!

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
Miami is not in CAP HELL....lol

A few cuts and redo a contract will free up more than enough.

The Phins will improve the OL this season. It does not matter if they get Eli, Jay, Mark or Kurt. Without a good line RICKY will not win them games. Miami is not looking for a QB to come in and win it all for them. They are looking for a QB that can be given enough time to make good choices when throwing down the field.

THE PHINS WILL HAVE A GOOD LINE NEXT SEASON.
Run Ricky Run!!!
we said that last year, but lost out on having cap space because we could not get the re-negitiating/extending done in time... I am worried we can get Sam and Pat and JT and others to all re-do their contracts in time to land a improvement on OL; Wanne/Spiel will need to convince these guys to do so for us to really improve outside the draft, but I am worried....

Cuts:
D. Thompson, J. McKnight, B. Greise, J. Fletcher, T. Ruddy.

That should free up a HUGE amount.

Chances are Pat will WANT to resign a better deal.

I think Sam will be the problem child.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I would not be suprised to see us re-sign Wade just because that is what we always seem to do: choose our own players over FAs. Also, there are several other OT like Tait, W Jone and Pace that will likely be way out of our price range. Wade may even be out of price range, but I do not see that happening. I w/also not expect us to get for a RFA either since we would have no money left after signing Wade. Nails s/b better in 2004 since he had more time to recover so he s/b back as well.

The Bottom Line:
LT ~ Wade Smith
LG ~ Jamie Nails or 2004 Rookie Draft Pick or one of Yates/Whitley/Jerman
C ~ Seth McKinney
RG ~ 2004 Rookie Draft Pick or one of Yates/Whitley/Jerman
RT ~ Todd Wade

That is a weak line unless we go guard in the first round. Then we have no pick until the third round unless we get picks for Ogun. Don't get me wrong . . . I think you're being a lot more realistic than most people.

Back
Top Bottom