Free Agent OL....Off Season Moves | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent OL....Off Season Moves

Og that group, Jeno James, Bennie Anderson, Damion McIntosh, and possibly Bobbie Williams. Of course, Jones and Pace would be great but it ain't happening.

Woody coming of the MCL is a worry, especially as he can't shotgun snap if you play him OC. Orlando Brown had a pretty horrible year.

Tait is a good player, but the knock on him is that he plays soft and he is a much better pass blocker than run blocker.

James is the best signing on that list bar the standout LT's that we can't afford.

Originally posted by Boomer
Tait is a good player, but the knock on him is that he plays soft and he is a much better pass blocker than run blocker.

James is the best signing on that list bar the standout LT's that we can't afford.
we do not really need a LT since we have Smith and need to keep someone from 2003. Tait might be interesting if we had a left handed throwing QB like Stabler...no....Young....no.....Scott Mitchell...hell no....Mark Brunnell :yes:

but like I said we seem to go the extra mile to re-sign our own UFA - see Rob Konrad last year

Our line is a mish mash now. Some guys are big and slow, some are small and faster. We need to pick one and stick to it. I prefer big and slow. I would alos focus more on running focused C & G. With Ricky running A gaps that is the area we need to dominate most. The tackles can be more ballanced or even a bit pass focused to keep the DEs at bay. I LIke the left side and think Orlando Brown is vastly underrated. If we could get him for a lower price I would snap him up.

39, I really hope that's not our O-line. I think we need at least one super explosive guy in there to run behind. Wade Smith is O.K. with me if he puts on 20 pounds of hard muscle and gets some great Coaching to improve his game from a mental standpoint.(I can't believe I used the word standpoint, now I sound like Wanny!) Nails must be in the best shape of his career and 100% healed and ready to go out there and be a mean, nasty pulling guard. We used a #1 on McKinney and as of right now I don't see the value. I really don't like Ruddy but I still think he's better than McKinney today. Right guard is where I'd like to see us pull the trigger on somebody awesome. Spend the money, we found out what happens when we go cheap on O-Line. We'll probable resign Wade which is fine if we can find the right monster to plug in next to him at RG. By the way has anybody seen how good Jed Weaver has been playing for the 49ers?

McKinney was our first pick, but was something like the 50th overall. I can see Ruddy coming back cheap as well as putting McKinney back on the back burner, but we are going to need to have a young in there somewhere or 2 for cap reasons IMO.

the more we talk this thru the more we need a OLmen at #20 and not a QB, but all that will be sorted our way before the draft since by then we could have 0 QB's on our roster other than Stoener if nothing happens

Didn't someone say I was crazy for even mentioning picking a OL at 20. But it's apparent, we need to address the OL with a stud. If not FA- gency LOL, then the draft...If we don't acquirer a 2nd rounder, then we may have to use our 1st on a OL.. I'm hoping we come up big in FA, and use our 1st on a QB or WR. Then in the 3rd we can go to OL. To be honest, I see Yates more ready to kick butt on the OL than Whitney. Yates will develope into a good OLman. Other than him and Mckinney, I don't see any real good young OLman on our team..Wade Smith is a given. So that leaves us with Nails, I don't know what Dixon's going to do. Ruddy is past his prime, but effective, just not good enough to start. Todd Wade can't get big money, he's not the stud he was his rookie year. Olando Brown was a stud this year for Balt., I wouldn't mind having his mentality on the field, but as long as it's checked when the whistle blew. He cost them in the playoffs. With that I could see: Smith, Nails, Mckinney, Brown, Wade, with Backups, Yates, Ruddy, Dixon or Good Draft pick, FA Tackle. PS Whitney, Rookie.

Originally posted by dolphan39

The Bottom Line:
LT ~ Wade Smith
LG ~ Jamie Nails or 2004 Rookie Draft Pick or one of Yates/Whitley/Jerman
C ~ Seth McKinney
RG ~ 2004 Rookie Draft Pick or one of Yates/Whitley/Jerman
RT ~ Todd Wade

As much as I would like to think it would change, I don't really think there will be that much change either. One of the Todd's will not be here though.

Orlando Brown was far from a stud. He struggled all year with missed blocks, penalties and locker room issues.

Originally posted by Boomer
Orlando Brown was far from a stud. He struggled all year with missed blocks, penalties and locker room issues.

He was also out of football for a few years. You think that might have had something to do with it?

Absolutely Den. I was making the point that he wasn't a stud in 2003.

Back
Top Bottom