Free Agent: QB Drew Brees | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent: QB Drew Brees

timmash44

Active Roster
Reaction score
If he hits the market sign him to a 2 year deal. Trade Tannehill and draft Baker Mayfield. Let Baker learn from Drew for 2 years and we have are dynasty set up for a long time. Baker Mayfield has the winning 'it' factor. Drew Brees will make him a professional. Reports around the NFL is that Gase loves Baker Mayfield. This is the culture change Miami needs.

We will have the money releasing Suh and trading Tannehill.
"I bleed aqua and orange." - T. Mash

Why would Brees come to a team that is releasing/trading all it’s best players?

Still think he ends up re-signing with the Saints.

I don't think any starting caliber free agent QB views the Dolphins as a choice destination at this point. Also even if we draft a QB why not just have Tannehill start for a couple years? Best case scenario we trade Tannehill for a 1st if they feel confidant in Mayfield.

There's no point. It would contradict what they are doing completely. And before people bring up Quinn, he's 27, a pass rusher, and there's no guaranteed money.

He isn’t leaving NO. But I would 100% take him for a couple years. Draft a QB this year to sit behind him and try and set us up for success.

Other than the facts that the Dolphins have no cap space, are a doormat team, and that Brees would have to have a severe mental
illness to even consider signing here, it’s a good plan.

Since we've ventured into the land of "lost opportunity" I say even better - we swing for the seats and offer GB Kiko, Wake, James & Tannenbaum for Aaron Rodgers

The Dolphins are praising Mayfield to create the idea that he’s the best QB in this years draft. We are going to move up, some team ahead of us will take him and we get our guy: Josh Rosen.

Back
Top Bottom