Free Agent Targets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent Targets

aqualuv

My Little FinFan
Reaction score
Who are some of the impact players that will be available through free agency, this offseason? I think we all agree, that the Fins need help with QB, WR, OL among others (not listed in any particular order). With this in mind, I would be interested in seeing some "wish lists". :jetssuck:

OG Damien Woody, Adam Timmerman, Chris Villarrial
QB Mark Brunell, Tim Couch, Drew Henson
WR Darrell Jackson, Marcus Robinson

Realistic wish List:
Isaac Bruce or Dennis Northcutt
Mark Brunell
John Tait or chad clifton
Damien Woody

Unrealistic wish list
Champ Bailey
peyton manning
Orlando pace
Terrell Owens
Jevon kearse if we lose ogun
:)

17-0 I don't even know if you're "realistic" wish list is realistic.

They won't have even close to enough money to sign Bruce Brunell Tait and Woody.

Two of those guys and some middle tier FA's would be more like it. It all depends on how much we want to push into future years money wise. Woody and Clifton would be wonderful along with Bruce and Brunell if everyone wants to take a few concessions to build a championship team.

I'd sign Brunell and have Sage backup with a rook being thrid string.

bruce is likely to play at a hometown discount because his family is in ft lauderdale and he wants to play there, also hes won a superbowl already and would still be a part of a good team with a chance to win another.

tait and brunell are very realistic
woody was the reach of that group

Jeno James from Carolina should also be considered.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
17-0 I don't even know if you're "realistic" wish list is realistic.

They won't have even close to enough money to sign Bruce Brunell Tait and Woody.

Two of those guys and some middle tier FA's would be more like it. It all depends on how much we want to push into future years money wise. Woody and Clifton would be wonderful along with Bruce and Brunell if everyone wants to take a few concessions to build a championship team.

I'd sign Brunell and have Sage backup with a rook being thrid string.

miami is gonna have plenty of money.

Bout 13m to spend re-signing, signing, and for draft picks.

Whered you come up with that number? you restructured everyones contract and found out who we are cutting already?

McKnight
Perry
Ruddy
Fiedler
Griese
Thompson
Saves us 15m.

We are now 2 under the cap.

Re-structurings.

Madison-4m
Bowens-2m
Marion- 1m
Surtain extension- 2m
Thomas- Tinker with that gigantic bonus he is getting-2m
Taylor- Cut that 8m cap charge down-2m

Another 13m. Now consider probably a couple re-signings like T-Buck, Turk and Minor already figured in.

That's where I get my 13m under.

Obviously it's not exactly right, but I am saying while not cash strapped, Miami won't be able to spend money like crazy.

So you can figure a Brunell+Clifton signing. In the draft they will take care of #2 WR. You do not need a 1000 yard receiver. A guylike Rashaun Woods though can come in and produce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami will never be more then 4 Million under next years cap.

13 Million? come one!

there is no need to be under the cap by that much money, at any given point. The fins have always found money when they needed it, not tried to get as far under the cap at any given time in order to sign FA's.

Well ya but that is like the final amount of money they can spend.

Draft, a couple FAs, and re-signings and that figure really really comes close to about 2m under.

Originally posted by Jaj

Re-structurings.

Madison-4m
Bowens-2m
Marion- 1m
Surtain extension- 2m
Thomas- Tinker with that gigantic bonus he is getting-2m
Taylor- Cut that 8m cap charge down-2m

Another 13m. Now consider probably a couple re-signings like T-Buck, Turk and Minor already figured in.

That's where I get my 13m under.

NO Chance of this part happening. Not even close.

13 million under - that's fantasy land!!

Back
Top Bottom