Freeman's Pass interference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Freeman's Pass interference

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me out on this? I always thought that if the DB is turned around to the ball and is making a play for the ball, a little contact was usually not flagged. That's what it looked like happened on Freeman's pass interference penalty, and Michaels and Madden both thought it was a bad call. I've seen NO mention of this call in the papers today nor on this board. Anyone help me out here? I was sure it was a bad call, but now I'm doubting myself.(I'm not trying to pin the loss on this call, I just want to know)
Thanks

Yes it was a weak call. But so was that roughing the kicker..

Originally posted by Jgigs
Yes it was a weak call. But so was that roughing the kicker..
that was payback for the weak roughing the passer call on Seau - though Jr probably deserved it for not backing off enough - it was minor contact. Turk faked that penalty 100% - it was obviously not roughing the P.

Freeman's call was highly questionable though there was contact that c/b considered more than incidental since he put his hand on the WR. It was not a good call in that situation, i.e. they s/let the players play and not make borderline calls IMO, but it was not horrible either. Fact is, it is 3rd and 18. We s/b able to shut out the TE from getting a 1st down on 3rd and 18. :fire:

It was a bad call. The refs are way too apt to throw a PI flag.

I for one feel like the Dolphins are never a complete team, when our defense is on our offense sucked. When our offense is on(which is seldom) the defense sucks. So there is no middle. I am sick of this. I don't know about anyone else but I blame alot of factors for this loss,(patsfantx shut your trap and go lose in the first round).1)the officiating sucked.2)players discipline sucked. 3) the tackling sucked. As for the offense Ricky played well and Minor was a positive and so was Chambers. So let's see if we make the playoffs and see what we can do.(probably not much):fire:

It was a down right awful call. Even if freeman were to not go after the ball, I dont know if that was even enough contact to warrent a flag.

I thought I was watching an NBA game last night with all the tough fouls.

Was horrible. You are absolutely correct. If the Db gets his head around and actually makes a play on the ball, even if theres contact, its a no call. Incidental contact....incomplete.... next play!

Back
Top Bottom