Friday Fun Poll: Who is your Favorite All Time Dolphin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Friday Fun Poll: Who is your Favorite All Time Dolphin

Who is your Favorite All Time Dolphin

• Dan Marino

Votes: 110 50.5%
  • Bob Griese

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Jason Taylor

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Zack Thomas

Votes: 42 19.3%
  • Larry Csonka

Votes: 27 12.4%
  • Paul Warfield

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Nat Moore

• Dwight Stephenson

• Nick Buoniconti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: List Below

Votes: 26 11.9%

• Total voters
A lot of good choices and it's hard to pick a favorite. As a youngster I liked Larry Csonka and Jim Kiick. They were like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. A potent one two punch.

clear.gif

Dan the man, but my first was Nat Moore. And a special shout out to OJ McDuffie

As this seems to have the making of a runaway for Dan, it's interesting to think about what makes a "favorite". Is it TALENT like Dan, or heart like Zach, or tough toughness like Czonka, or success like Griese, or numbers like JT, or does it depend on what era you grew up because youre always gonna pick your favorite player when you're twelve years old. Is it one moment like the fake spike or the Orande Gadsden catch that solidifies a players clout in your heart, or does it require looking back on a long career of dedication, and are you inclined to be partial to our draft choices?

All in all, I'm going to go with all of the above and say my answer, when I'm an old man reminiscing, is Ryan Tannehill.

Everyone on that list is worthy, and Dan Marino gave me a lot of great memories, but Zach Thomas to me was what you would hope for in a player on your team, tough, instinctive, intense, loyal, and a lot of heart....basically what a coach is talking about when talking about a football player.

Yep. Dan had the talent I'll give him that. But Zach had the leadership, loyalty and commitment. There is another question to ask yourself when considering this question, who would you want to sit and have a beer with? Zach Thomas.

A lot of good choices and it's hard to pick a favorite. As a youngster I liked Larry Csonka and Jim Kiick. They were like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. A potent one two punch.

clear.gif

Mine as well

but Wahoo McDaniels is my favorite Dolphins character hand down

I saw him beat Johnny Valentine in a steel cage match after he left football.
indian chef , football player , actor ... this guy had it all ..:up:

Honorable mention to #22 Tony Nathan who I had the privilege of playing 18 holes of golf with in a celeb tournament.
He was running back coach for Tampa Bay at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Dan had the talent I'll give him that. But Zach had the leadership, loyalty and commitment. There is another question to ask yourself when considering this question, who would you want to sit and have a beer with? Zach Thomas.

Nice post bro! He was my pick as well for all that you named and the fact that the experts said he was too slow and short and he was a gamer. I have been a Dolphins fan since 1970. Next year I turn 50 and I have seen a lot of very good Dolphin players in my time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry Czonka is my favorite

followed by Keith Jackson & Ricky Williams.

Never was a fan of Marino

How can you be a Dolphins fan and not a fan of Marino? That seems sacrilege.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

You write that as if Marino didn't have leadership, loyalty, and commitment. Marino had more of each of those than Zach. Marino only played for one team his entire career.

Because of what he did to the Jets in one game in 1982, AJ Duhe...
[video=youtube;EZu1S2080xE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZu1S2080xE[/video]

Larry Czonka, for forearming a Cardinal CB into oblivian on an end around and being flagged for unnecessary roughness.

Back
Top Bottom