Friday fun | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Friday fun

LeftCoastPhin

Getting geeked for 2003!!
Reaction score
Ok, if you could select only 5 fins (besides Marino, no brainer) from the last 10 years to help out this year, who would they be? We are assuming they are in their prime. Mine are:

LT Richmond Webb
G Keith Sims
DE Jeff Cross
LB Bryan Cox
CB Troy Vincent

DT Darryl Gardner is honorable mention, he was on my list at first but then I assessed by position need.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
Ok, if you could select only 5 fins (besides Marino, no brainer) from the last 10 years to help out this year, who would they be? We are assuming they are in their prime.
  1. Webb
  2. Gardner
  3. Vincent
  4. Fryar
  5. Cox
    [/list=1]

1. R. Webb
2. K. Byars
3. T. Vincent
4. Robert Jones
5. Kieth Simms

Bernie Kosar or Steve DeBerg. Hell, I'd even take Scott Mitchell. Jesus, even Demon Huard played better than Ray. I can't believe I am pondering the "prime" of Huard or Mitchell's career.

:monkey: injuries, the Jets

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
Ok, if you could select only 5 fins (besides Marino, no brainer) from the last 10 years to help out this year, who would they be? We are assuming they are in their prime.

#1-Webb #2-Brian Walker #3-Gardner #4-Vincent #5-Cox

Originally posted by JackMeehov
Bernie Kosar or Steve DeBerg. Hell, I'd even take Scott Mitchell. Jesus, even Demon Huard played better than Ray. I can't believe I am pondering the "prime" of Huard or Mitchell's career.

:monkey: injuries, the Jets
the "prime" of Mitchell's career was 1 game and I was there vs KC :rolleyes:

Last I saw Mitchell I don't think he could have fit in Jamie Nails uniform from last year. He must have gotten himself his own Krispy Kreme doughnut shop put in his house with that ridiculous amount of money that detroit paid him.

Jeff Blake would have been a nice pickup over the offseason. He's better than Lucas.

Cox, Vincent, Webb, Gardner, and would it be wrong of me to take Thurman Thomas? I know we have Ricky, but to have both would be nice?

1. Richmond Webb - People say he wasn't the greatest run-blocker. Was he ever asked to be?? In my book, a LT should be a good pass-protector if he isn't anything else. And Webb was a shutdown LT in that regard. Marino's personal bodyguard.

2. Ron Heller - Man, this guy was a solid RT in his day. Mean, fiery, nasty leader on the OL. *You see where I'm going with this* Right now, Wade can't hold his jock strap. If we had Heller, Jay would still be playing.

3. Bryan Cox - Any Dolphin who gives Rich Stadium the finger on national TV gets in by default. :p Fearless, nasty, fiery leader. Remember the year he had 14 sacks as an outsidle LB?? I do. And that's where I'd play him.

4. Kevin Donnalley - Ruddy made the Pro Bowl playing next to Donnalley for 16 games. While I like Perry ok, the decision to jettison Donnalley has backfired. Donnalley is now regarded as one of the best guards in the NFL.

5. Norman Hand - One of my training camp favs. One of the few times I was right about a guy. This guy is a beast in the middle. A run-plugger who pushes his man/men backwards against the pass. He and Bowens would be a great duo.

*COACH - George Hill - Remember "The Swarm"?? That's when George Hill was the Defensive Coordinator. I think his philosophy would solve a lot of our problems on D. Funny how we started having trouble against the run the day Jim Bates took over for him. :rolleyes:

Coach: Chan Gailey, and Tom Olivadoti. spelling?

Before anyone blasts me, I am only kidding.

Sh*t, you mean Kippy Brown, don't you VA?? :)

Back
Top Bottom