From espn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From espn

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Wannstedt waits for Turner's decision

Jan. 29
Miami Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt confirmed Tuesday that Norv Turner or Mike Shula will be his new offensive coordinator in 2002, depending on Turner's head coaching prospects with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"Hey, Norv and I agree that if he gets the job in Tampa, great, but if he doesn't, he's coming here," Wannstedt said. "I have total confidence in Mike -- it shouldn't cast badly on him because Norv is in the mix. I think everybody understands the Norv deal, because of our history. But I'll be very comfortable and very excited if Mike Shula is our coordinator, too."

Turner exercised an option Monday to void his contract as offensive coordinator of the San Diego Chargers, who reached an agreement in principle with Marty Schottenheimer to be their next head coach. Turner will interview Wednesday for the Bucs job with Tampa Bay GM Rich McKay, who is interviewing Ravens defensive coordinator Marvin Lewis on Tuesday.

McKay wants to have a head coach in place by the weekend, according to league sources. Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin is also a candidate.

Wannstedt wants Norv to succeed as a head coach. That is why he is hoping he gets the Tampa job.

However if that doesn't pan out for Norv, then Wannstedt will have a job for him here.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Lets pray that Marvin Jones gets the Tampa job. Mike Shula is worse than Gailey.
you mean Marv Lewis or the Jets LB ? ;)

i guess some people think shula is too conservative, i don't have a clue myself. i didn't really follow him when he was at tampa.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom