From Hank Goldberg at WQAm.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From Hank Goldberg at WQAm.com

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
" I spoke to Scott Hastings, who has a talk show in Denver, and he said the problem with Brian is that he wasn't Elway. They love Elway in Denver. He always spoke to the media, and Brian distances himself a bit. They love Plummer because he's exciting and runs around and he's great with the media. He said it wouldn't suprised him if Brian played well somewhere else."
-Hank Goldberg, WQAM.Com

I think I agree with this. Brian will be a great backup and if talented enough, he can beat out Jay next year. If not than we won't have to suffer through Lucas typer performances again.

We will be better off with him in the fold. ,

I Think that is part of his problem in Denver. The fans missed Elway as much as alot of us miss Marino. Maybe that will be the best way to make the fans forget about those two. Replace there replacements. Not that that will happen this year in Miami but next year may be a different story.

Whenever a team has a player like an Elway or a Marino, the shadow that is cast is long. Griese would have never fit in in Denver short of winning a Super Bowl in his first few years as a starter. I am never the person to make excuses for lack of success though. Griese will do very well for himself and help the Dolphins win a title. I am a firm believer that Jay will not make it through a full season without missing time due to injury. Thats where a vetran guy like Brian who has starting experience and success can come in and hold down the spot. No one will be asking him to save the team or the legacy. In Dever, after Elway retired and Davis was injured and forced to retire, Brian was it. Well, we all know that type of one guy team vision just doesnt build a winner.

Back
Top Bottom