From Saints fan (no smack) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From Saints fan (no smack)

Ricky had a host of nagging injuries that plagued him in '99. In 2000, as iceblizzard pointed out, he missed the last six reg season games. He held up well in 2001. Even in 2000, when you factor in his receiving, he got a season worth of touches in those first 10 games. Any running back can get injured but I think he'll prove to be durable over the long hall.

booyeah- regarding his receiving, well, he's certainly a better receiver than the Saints originally thought he was, and has worked hard at it to get there, but he's not real natural at it. He doesn't catch a lot of balls in stride and often loses his footing shortly after or upon securing the catch. I think you're gonna see what I'm talking about.

Maybe the Dolphins , in the scheme of their offense, can get him in 'space' and he can be effective as a receiver.
I think I have him ranked 9th overall, (including QBs and WRs) on my personal fantasy rankings, so I wish him the best. Ricky's a good back. I have Deuce ranked 15th BTW.... I'm a realist....I think

I think you have Deuce a little too high. I have him in two Yahoo public leagues, got him in the seventh and tenth (a backup in the one where he was in the tenth). However, I grabbed him in the end of the 3rd in a 16 team league where many RBs were going fast. I think he was a steal as a seventh and a tenth rounder though. I think he will put up great numbers as long as he can stay healthy.

Iceblizzard, I didn't mention that in the league I'm in, you start any 4 offensive players in addition to the QB. You don't have to start a TE or even a WR if you don't want to. That puts quite a premium on RBs that get a lot of touches and they get gobbled up fast.

If you've seen the Saints backup tailbacks you can rest easy that Deuce won't be replaced too often

Back
Top Bottom