From the penthouse to the doghouse?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From the penthouse to the doghouse??

DeDolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
not awhole said about this so i thought i'd bring it up. if it was earlier and I missed it, I apologize. BUT...............

'sup with Mare'?? Last week, miised two gamewinners, albeit one was blocked, and NOW this week, he abso-frikkin-lutley misses a virtual chipshot of around 36 yds. At 2 mil/yr, he'd better get his act together or I'll be calling him "cap space" !!
Thoughts??

Wanne aka Mr Positive has nothing bad to say
Wannstedt said he also has not lost confidence in kicker Olindo Mare after he missed his third field-goal attempt in two games. Mare is 8-of-13 this season.

"He needs to keep working at it and he will," Wannstedt said. "He'll get an opportunity to win a couple of games for us down the road and he will. I really believe that."

but bashed Turk and rightly so for not punting that 1 ball when he could of

"Matt Turk should kick the football," Wannstedt said. "A veteran player like that should be aware that it's not fourth-and-1 and you have plenty of opportunity to kick the football."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ns/wednesday/sports_f3f9e24ed0b0320c0069.html

Olindo Missedit Mare. It can be solved. Just stop drives at the 35. He seems to be able to kick the 48 yarders.

mare wasn't having the greatest year last year (if i remember right) before kicking the game winner at denver. the NE game was painful, but wanny is right in expressing confidence in him. mare has to be the guy, at least this year, and he will be called upon to win a game. until he misses that kick, i'm going to believe in him as well.

as for turk, i was so relieved when he had a chance to kick the ball. i figured they'd get a 5 yarder for illegal man downfield and get another chance to kick. i don't know what went on in his head, but he definitely could have kicked the football.

didn't Mare restructure the contract?
He might not own the entire blame for the loss(es), but he surely could have won those games for us and didn't. all i can do is stop singing his praises, which i already did starting last year.

Back
Top Bottom