FSU/UM Orange Bowl: What A Joke and Tragedy! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FSU/UM Orange Bowl: What A Joke and Tragedy!

Dolfan02

Somebody kick Huizenga for me
Reaction score
This will be the 2nd meeting out of 3 matches in less than 11 months that FSU and UM will face each other. UM and FSU will play each other in the season-opener next September as UM will join the ACC. Miami also defeated FSU less than 2 months ago. The BCS Committee's objective is not only to sort out the top 2 teams to face each other in a title bowl, but also to have the other top ranking teams from different conferences match up in the other bowls. Its NOT suppose to pair up in-state rivals that face each other EVERY year. On a sadder note, it was reported that ABC Network execs(channel that will show the OB) were offering more money to the BCS People at the decision room for the rights to see a re-match between Ohio State and Miami in the Orange Bowl. But at the end, Fiesta Bowl managers got their way and will host Ohio State vs. Kansas State. FSU Athletic Director, Bobby Bowden, Larry Coker, and ABC were among those who were very opposed to this match-up as they let it be known in the media. Geez, Miami of Ohio vs. Miami, FL would of have been way better! The BCS is blind as a bat!

POINT MADE: Not only did the BCS screw up the title game, but they screwed up the Orange Bowl. This is such a disaster!

Have you seen the interviews with the 2 coaches (Bowden and Coker). Both have disapointed and seemingly unenthusiastic outlooks about this game. The athletic directors are the maddest of them all because both school's ADs feel like this is damaging their big money plan for next year's opener. Had they known the BCS was going to pull this on them, they may have never scheduled next season's game like they did. I agree, what a let-down. FSU-Miami is not an intrigueing bowl match-up, its a fantastic regular season game. People want to see teams playing teams that rarely play each other or conferences that don't usually colide. Something just seems wrong here.

The FSU/Miami matchup sucks, but I also happen to agree with the rule that discourages rematches from BCS games the prior year. Miami/Ohio State would have been nearly as bad as FSU/Miami, and the Fiesta Bowl got its choice first on ecnomic grounds.

If Miami doesn't like its matchup, I'm sure WVU would happily play FSU in their stead. Miami deserves a Gator Bowl experience...

The BCS screwed up all 4 BCS Bowls.

USC v LSU
Miami v Ohio St
FSU v Oklahoma
Kansas State v Michigan

I agree, I hate the idea of Miami playing Florida State again. Miami just whooped them the first time by 2 TDs(the last TD by Flo State was as time expired).

I saw an interview earlier today on ESPNnews with the BCS Coordinator (I'm not sure if he's the only one or the main one) but the ESPN host was asking him questions about the Sugar bowl matchup and stuff, but I heard something very puzzling... this BCS Coordinator is also the Big East President. HELLOOOO!

I'm in no way a believer of conspirancies but is there a possibility that this Big East Pres./BCS Coordinator tried to directly screw Miami for leaving the Big East for the ACC next year? I mean we all know the Big East will be losing a TON of money now that Miami and Virginia Tech both will be leaving the Big East. Do you think this guy has something to do with this horrendous matchup in Miami?

Any comments?

Actually, he lobbied the Fiesta Bowl to take FSU, which would leave Ohio St. in the Orange, but default rules left the decision entirely up to the Fiesta Bowl committee which chose OSU because they traditionally lead all bowls in internal ticket sales. Basically, this isn't the game that officials of the ACC, Big East, FSU, UM, Orange Bowl, or BCS wanted, its just a kink in the system followed by the Fiesta Bowl Committee's decision. There you have it, FSU-UM rematch.

FSU and Miami are in the Orange Bowl because no one else wanted either of these two teams. Miami/OSU would have been a better game but the Fiesta Bowl did not want to take FSU, so the Orange Bowl was stuck with a Miami/FSU matchup.

Originally posted by Jimmy James
The FSU/Miami matchup sucks, but I also happen to agree with the rule that discourages rematches from BCS games the prior year. Miami/Ohio State would have been nearly as bad as FSU/Miami, and the Fiesta Bowl got its choice first on ecnomic grounds.

If Miami doesn't like its matchup, I'm sure WVU would happily play FSU in their stead. Miami deserves a Gator Bowl experience...

Miami deserves a Gator Bowl appearance? Are you kidding me? Miami is definitely the most deserving team of all the Big East teams to be in a BCS game. We beat Pittsburgh and West Virginia. Miami won the conference and earned their place in the Orange Bowl.

we were screwed oh well i got bets everywhere sayin that were gonna beat them. If we beat them again the only problem is that it kinda takes the steam of playin FSU out of next years first Monday night college football game with Miami and FSU. I actually decided to go to Ohio where all my family lives so that i could watch it with them and laugh at them when we beat them i bought the tickets and then vooop oh there playin FSU.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

We beat Pittsburgh and West Virginia. Miami won the conference and earned their place in the Orange Bowl.

This is so true. A team wins its conference, and gets the rights to stay in town and play a team it crushed in the regular season. :mad:

Originally posted by canephin
we were screwed oh well i got bets everywhere sayin that were gonna beat them. If we beat them again the only problem is that it kinda takes the steam of playin FSU out of next years first Monday night college football game with Miami and FSU. I actually decided to go to Ohio where all my family lives so that i could watch it with them and laugh at them when we beat them i bought the tickets and then vooop oh there playin FSU.

Are you for real? The Canes and Noles will be playing in the first ever Monday night college football game? Which channel will air it?

I think ABC but i am not sure. It may be ESPN. I'll look it up again but it was in the paper a month or two ago.

Screwed? I hate to play UM again, but I wouldn't say it was screwed. It'll finally give UM (or FSU) a chance to prove who the better team is. I think part of the reason you guys don't want to play FSU is that FSU would have the bragging rights.

i am sayin that we were screwed out of our chance to play Ohio State. Yeah i guess i would hate to lose to FSU not that we own the braggin rights and i have done alot of **** talkin. But i just dont like the idea of havin to play them 2 months ago and then now and then at the begining of the year next year. It makes it so that if we win again that our players get to comfortable with winnning against Florida State that they may slack against them next year. And we all know that the summer camp and spring determine how a team is gonna do in the year and you wanna tell me that the Florida State seminoles wouldnt be pumped all summer and spring to practice so that they could beat us in the first collegiate game on monday night. HA i think so.

Originally posted by blingbling2334
Screwed? I hate to play UM again, but I wouldn't say it was screwed. It'll finally give UM (or FSU) a chance to prove who the better team is. I think part of the reason you guys don't want to play FSU is that FSU would have the bragging rights.

The Canes proved who the better team was when they beat FSU in October. This matchup sucks, we play FSU every year, and no one gives a **** about this bowl game because no one wants to see a Miami/FSU rematch.

Back
Top Bottom